Engineer Software - Embedded
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Requisition ID: R10019263
Category: EngineeringLocation: San
Diego - CA, United States of AmericaCitizenship Required: United
States CitizenshipClearance Type: Top SecretTelecommute: No-
Teleworking not available for this positionShift: 1st Shift (United
States of America)Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the TimePositions
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to
work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the
world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer
Software - Embedded to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located in San Diego,
CA.Candidates will work on software supporting various space,
aircraft, and ground systems in all phases of the software
development lifecycle including design, development and test.
Candidates will work on software systems primarily in C/C++
development, with a focus toward embedded design.Essential
- Develop new software modules supporting cutting edge
- Ensure software quality through unit testing.
- Support software integration and system testing.
- Assist in system design and troubleshooting.
- Identify and implement software bug fixes.
- Update and maintain software documentation.
- Primary focus on embedded and Real-Time development.
- Work in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations,
significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings
across all levels.
- Utilize experience with the C++ programming language and object
oriented programming.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or
Math) and 2 years related engineering experience, OR a Masters in
STEM with no experience.
- An active in-scope DoD TOP SECRET clearance, and the ability to
obtain and maintain program access.
- Experience developing with C++, and Working knowledge of
embedded software design methods.
- Must have experience with formal software life cycle
development methodologies, requirements through test, and Agile
- Familiarity with major pieces in VMS systems architecture.
- Basic understanding of 2 of the following redundancy concepts:
- hot/warm restarts
- duplex vs triplex vs quad implementations
- Familiarity with at least 1 of the common flight critical
- Discrete & Analog I/OPreferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Software Engineering/Development
- Extensive experience with embedded software development
Salary Range: 82400 - 123600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world,
we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our
colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we
operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive
Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we
will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be
fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your start date if it is
after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical
and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine
requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and
approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.Northrop
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, San Diego , Engineer Software - Embedded, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!