Software Quality Assurance Tester
Company: Codex Dna
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary of Role:We are seeking an experienced Software Quality
Assurance Tester to join our growing startup team.This position
will develop and execute test plans to ensure software meets
established standards and requirements. The Software Quality
Assurance Tester will help define procedures and support the
achievement of long-term objectives of the team. This role will
play a key part the software development efforts, engaging closely
with the engineering and project management teams to achieve high
quality deployments of software improvements. The Quality Assurance
Tester will combine organizational skills, familiarity with
software development, and strict attention to detail to help ensure
we achieve the highest standards possible. Essential Duties and
- Responsible for testing and evaluating proprietary software
- Design, develop, and execute manual test cases and test plans
based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Find, report, and track bugs to resolution; record and document
expected results against actual results.
- Define the scope of testing within the context of each release
- Work closely with the technical team to document all findings,
requirement variances, and defects.
- Work closely with business owners and end user groups to assess
needs, resolve questions, and facilitate understanding.
- Prioritize and manage a large volume of testing projects with
- Participate in further developing our testing process and
strategy based on empiricism and following a continuous improvement
- Provide application instructions for users.
- Conduct functional testing.Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in software testing with a demonstrated
interest and ability to develop skills in the QA field, including
experience in the Agile/Scrum development lifecycle.
- Self-starting ability with demonstrated experience working
independently and as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of acceptance testing, test case
development, and execution of test procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to write and execute acceptance tests and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical
- Detail-oriented with the ability to understand how each
component fits into the big picture.
- Strong analytical skills with a curiosity for understanding,
investigating, and breaking software.
- Proven ability and desire to develop and share knowledge with
the team while progressing software deliverables from requirements
to testing completion.
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
(SDLC) and programming fundamentals.Education Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination
of education and experience in a related disciplineWorking
- This position is based in our San Diego, CA office. This role
requires the ability to report to the office 5 days per week.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Ability to lift to 15 pounds requiredby Jobble
Keywords: Codex Dna, San Diego , Software Quality Assurance Tester, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!