Software Engineering Manager
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Knock is on a mission to make homeownership simple and certain.
Whether you are a homeowner looking to buy a new home before
selling your current home or a first-time buyer, Knock offers fully
digital end-to-end solutions that bring certainty, convenience and
cost-savings to the often stressful and complicated process of
homeownership. The Knock Home Swap empowers a customer to buy their
new dream home before selling their old one. Knock GO (Guaranteed
Offer) provides homebuyers with the best features of a cash offer
in a competitive home loan to win the home they want without paying
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has
raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top-tier
investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint,
Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks
Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The National Association of Realtors,
through its investment arm Second Century Ventures, is a strategic
investor in Knock, giving its 1.5 million members the ability to
market Knock's homeownership solutions to their clients. Knock
currently operates in 72 markets nationwide and plans to be in over
100 markets by 2023.
Enjoying Life & Making an Impact
- Knock offers a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for
full time employees
- Unlimited PTO (2 week min. is highly encouraged) for full time
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- At least 6 weeks paid parental leave for full time
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible
- $75 cell phone reimbursement for eligible employees
- $50 monthly home internet allowance
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
As a Software Engineering Manager at Knock, youll have the
opportunity to support, lead, mentor, coach, and grow one of Knocks
talented software engineering teams. Youll be able to bring your
leadership passions to life - coaching remote Software Engineers to
build & deliver new products that transform the way people buy &
sell homes & the way real estate agents offer new home
In this role, youll bring your experience to coach team members on
a daily basis, set goals, conduct one-on-ones, and assist them in
their career growth.
And here at Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate &
support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
Here are some additional things youll get to do:
- Be humble enough to learn and grow, accountable enough to own
your mistakes as well as your successes, flexible enough to develop
the right methodologies for your team, and courageous enough to
embrace diversity of thought, background, and personality.
- Lead projects to launch effectively within time and resource
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, our
executive and technology leaders, our sales and marketing teams,
and other diverse internal groups.
- Be a strong advocate for great engineering practices and a
test-driven, iterative, streamlined development lifecycle.
- Be technical-enough to jump into code to support & help unblock
Qualifications - Youll Bring:
- 1+ year of experience leading software engineering teams
- 5+ years of full lifecycle software engineering experience
supporting modern platforms and languages, such as Node.js, React,
- Cloud environments experience - we use the AWS ecosystem:
Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, & CloudWatch
- Ideally you have supported native mobile development teams who
use ReactNative; If you have not, but are passionate about mobile
development then we would still love to talk to you.
- Experience working within a scrum product development team
- You bring a measurable focus on success, rapid pace of work, a
customer-first mindset with a data-driven approach
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions &
are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices
and programs that will further Knocks commitment to making an
impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and
- Education: High school or equivalent experience
- We encourage you to apply even if you dont have every listed
We are proud to be a remote, distributed company with employees
across 40 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be
an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand
in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things.
You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse,
inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not
receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments.
Keywords: Knock, San Diego , Software Engineering Manager, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!