Software Developer (Radar Systems)
Company: General Atomics
Location: Valley Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position serves as a supervisor and exercises considerable
latitude in determining and pursuing courses of action necessary to
design, develop and/or modify enterprise-wide end-user, system
level, and data management software applications to achieve
predetermined long- range goals and objectives. Formulates
long-range plans for application development and deployment as well
as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. The
position is also responsible for documentation, testing,
maintenance, and software updates. Serves as spokesperson for
project and/or program and acts as advisor to management and
customers on the development, integration and deployment of
software applications within the computing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and direct the work of Engineers/Developers and
oversee their output for consistency and accuracy.
- Plan and schedule work assignments for the team. Monitor
project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard
project management tools and engineering systems.
- Provide leadership and act as an advisor for determining
technical objectives for user requirements and specifications and
plan for enterprise software development within the broader
organizational scope. Software development encompasses end-user,
system level, and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed long-range plans for the implementation of
software solutions including language, coding, platform, resource
requirements, testing, and documentation.
- Plan and coordinate the deployment of enterprise applications
including cross-platform compliance while insuring the availability
of necessary resources.
- Plan and coordinate the maintenance of enterprise solutions
including debugging, maintenance, and updating to ensure viability
in an evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in
- Serve as project and/or program spokesperson; act as an advisor
to management and customers on enterprise software matters,
communicate with the software developer group(s), and publish and
present technical papers. Responsible for generating additional
sources of revenue and may have program management
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in
computer science, information systems or a related discipline and
progressive software development experience as follows; four or
more years of experience with a bachelors degree or two or more
years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute
equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have 4yrs experience developing software using C/C++ and
Linux based environments.
- Must have 2yrs experience working with hardware and real time
embedded operating systems.
- Must have a basic understanding of software development
concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate the ability to
follow and apply basic use of programming and analysis
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are
required to enable an effective interface with other professionals,
to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a
limited internal audience.
- The ability to work both independently and on a team is
essential. Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego , Software Developer (Radar Systems), IT / Software / Systems , Valley Center, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!