Senior Camera Software Engineer
Company: Ignite Human Capital
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Come check out this amazing oppurtunity to work with a world-class
company in AI/Robotics development thats located in San Diego! This
company offers amazing benefits including 401k, stock options,
daily lunches, on-site gym/pool/tennis courts, and so much more.
Please read over the job description below to see if this would be
a great fit for you!
We build brains for robots and set out to create the most
intelligent tools ever, and now, we power the world's largest fleet
of robots operating in commercial public spaces. By injecting
intelligence into machines from trusted manufacturers and our
customers operations, we are able to transform manual operations
into automated workflows, making the lives of people safer, easier
and more productive. Our robots are running around thousands of
stores, schools, warehouses, hospitals, offices, airports and more,
solving practical challenges with revolutionary solutions.
As a member of the Software Engineering team, the Senior Camera
Software Engineer is responsible for developing/integrating camera
software and tuning camera image quality on Linux platforms with
solid expertise developing production ready C/C++ code. This
engineer will be working at the operating system and application
layer running on many of Brain's robots. These robots solve
complex, real-world problems. As a core member of our Software
Division, the Senior Camera Software Engineer will work with our
world-class team of engineers and scientists to build a platform
for the next generation of intelligent machines. Their experience
will be pivotal in advancing our mission: safe and reliable robots
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and integrate camera drivers on Linux/ARM
- Tune image quality on various image sensors and ISP
- Design and develop new camera features, debug issues from
either hardware or software, optimize software for performance,
develop unit tests, and work with our partners and OEMs.
- Evaluate camera HW solutions and identify the optimal solution
based on cost, performance and other requirements.
- Deliver software features/functionality that increases customer
value and product scalability.
- Increase the agility/ software release frequency of the team
and organization through code refactoring, simplification, and
- Review performance metrics of the production fleet as a key
indicator of customer experience from which to identify software
- Coordinate with cross-functional areas of expertise including
hardware, firmware, platform, user experience, quality, and cloud
engineering to deliver world-class customer value.
- Remain up to date with developments across platform,
navigation, and other robots, in order to leverage and contribute
towards software innovation across all products.
- Help set and execute on the technical roadmap for our robotic
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, software
engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with Linux kernel and device driver
- Experience with image quality tuning and knowledge of image
sensors, ISPs and 3A (auto exposure, auto focus and auto white
- 5+ years experience writing C/C++ applications for Linux.
- 5+ years of experience in system level software design across
all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to other members of the
team by providing clear architecture definitions and designs in
addition to providing feedback in code reviews.
- Solid understanding of Linux kernel and device drivers.
- Experience with multi-process and multi-threaded
- Experience working with operating system fundamentals: file
systems, interprocess communication, computer networking, system
calls, system resources, etc.
Things that make a difference:
- Master of Science degree in computer science.
- Experience with GPU, video encoders, DSPs and display.
- Knowledge of systemd, udev and other configuration sub-systems
used on Ubuntu Linux.
- Library design with special attention paid to modularity,
composability, and clear, intuitive interfaces.
- Experience architecting, designing, implementing, testing, and
debugging complex software subsystems.
- Extensive experience designing for ease of testing, both at the
unit level and integration test level.
- Cmake or other build systems.
- Good working knowledge of robotics and surrounding
- High-performance computing, SIMD, CUDA, OpenCL.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ignite Human Capital, San Diego , Senior Camera Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!