Associate Software Engineer (Remote)
Company: NextGen Federal Systems
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
NextGen Federal Systems is seeking an experienced Software
Engineer to join the Joint Training and Exercise Software team in
support Combat Command (COCOM) level events. This group operates
out of Norfolk, Virginia but the position can work remotely from
any location in the United States.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Software Development, or related discipline
- 0-2 years of experience in the industry as a Software Engineer
or Software Developer
- Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work
experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized
knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
- Strong logical thinking skills and development fundamentals
including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm
design, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency, in at least, one modern programming language such
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development
life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source
control, build processes, testing, and operations
- A fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly in a
fast-paced, team oriented, environment. Preferred Qualifications
- A sound understanding of object-oriented design, data
structures, and software design patterns
- Basic knowledge of web-based application development
- Experience with development in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with git or any Atlassian collaboration toolsAbout
NextGen: NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative technology and
professional services provider specializing in advanced software
solutions and comprehensive mission and business support services.
We work in close collaboration with our Customers to truly
understand their business and mission goals. Our approach is to
design, build, implement, and manage solutions that measurably
improve our client's organizational performance. We have
established and foster a corporate culture where we:
- Treat employees with fairness and respect regardless of their
position, tenure, race, or sexual identity.
- Communicate the importance of our mission and our employees'
contributions to it, ensuring they understand how their job role
contributes to the greater good.
- Openly promote and communicate our ideas for change and
- Strive to achieve results as an organization.
- Hold employees accountable to their commitments and provide
incentives that encourage positive and productive behaviors.
- Value the talents and contributions of our employees as the key
factor for our success.
- Create an environment where people can engage at all
- Encourage people to take risks and allow them to make
Keywords: NextGen Federal Systems, San Diego , Associate Software Engineer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!