Senior Technical Analyst (Open to Remote)
Company: Homesite Insurance
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for engaging with
the Product Owner and business subject matter experts and process
owners to understand business issues and elicit, analyze, and
validate business requirements for automation projects. Develops
consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined functional
and non-functional requirements that are used by IT project
managers, architects, designers, developers and testers to deliver
the business solution. Works with the business, developers, and
other team members to resolve inconsistencies and inadequacies in
- Lead a team of Technical Analysts to support corporate
initiatives. Assist them in the development of appropriate
professional and personal development goals. At mid-year and year
end, conduct their performance reviews.
- Provide technical and analytical support for new business
systems or changes to existing systems to ensure business goals are
met with delivery of the proposed system solution by completing and
updating project documentation; presenting the functional
requirements to the team, and providing support to the QA and
- Assist the Product Owner by gathering and documenting all the
business requirements, helping to manage the backlog of work items,
appropriate prioritization of tasks, and helping to ensure
efficient and on time delivery of project tasks and milestones by
- Document current and future state processes as required.
- Research system issues and coordinate resolution as
- Provide training to and serve as a mentor for junior analysts
and/or other appropriate project team members; manage and evaluate
work products for assigned team members.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and provide
analysis and propose change and communicate strategies.
- Ability to elicit and document technical and functional
requirements for modification and enhancements to applications used
to provide customer service capabilities for use by customer
service representatives, partners, and policyholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical ideas in a clear
and concise manner to business partners and IT partners at both the
working and executive levels
- Ability to set and prioritize one's own work agenda and drive
team progress in focused areas by being proactive, detail-oriented,
and a strong team player.
- Experience as a manager to assist and lead other Technical
Analysts by helping to set annual performance and development
goals, periodic review of those goals, and the writing and delivery
of performance reviews
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration
- Experience with software development lifecycle to deliver
applications via SAFe Agile processes
- Demonstrated experience of handling multiple applications /
- Ability to work independent or as part a team.
- Proficiency with JIRA or other agile development workflow
tools, along with digital road mapping solutions.
- Familiarity with Cloud products, architecture, microservices,
Skills & Education:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience (Preferably in business administration, information
systems, or related field)
- 6+ years relevant experience leading efforts around
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and creating User Stories to
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal, and
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skill with
experience of working under pressure with precision and
- Ability to apply critical thinking and cope with rapidly
changing priorities and a continual backlog of work
- Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required
Keywords: Homesite Insurance, San Diego , Senior Technical Analyst (Open to Remote), IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!