Embedded Software Engineer
Company: Cypress HCM
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
As a Software Engineer you will work on developing and
maintaining control system software for complex instrumentation.
This role will be responsible for gathering requirements then using
those requirements, you will formulate designs, implement those
designs, and then unit test them.
- Collect and refine software requirements, and document those
requirements in our Requirements Management tool.
- Create detailed design documentation that describes
implementations that address previously collected
- Develop formal unit test plans to verify implemented
- Code previously created designs, execute unit tests, document
the results of those tests.
- Integrate new code into the existing code base.
- Work with SQA to ensure proper verification coverage.
- Investigate defects in existing software, propose solutions to
resolve those defects.
- Create release documentation, including release notes and
- Other duties as required.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical
- Strong experience developing and supporting embedded software
for control of electro-mechanical systems
- Highly skilled with C++
- Experience with Object Oriented Design
- Experience with real time operating systems (preferably
- Knowledge of real time operating systems, control system
theory, embedded software design, real time system interactions in
an embedded environment
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures and principles of
- Knowledge and ability to work with oscilloscopes, and signal
Keywords: Cypress HCM, San Diego , Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!