Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Company: Nortek Security and Control LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Summary: Seeking a talented, hardworking, Embedded Software
Engineer to participate in the development of leading security /
home automation products. Ideal candidate would be a software
developer with embedded systems experience, strong C/C++ skills,
experience with FreeRTOS, excellent communication and teamwork
skills. Salary range is $100,000-120,000 depending on experience.
- Development of application code for FreeRTOS on embedded
devices and systems.
- Develops software requirements and software project plans,
including schedule dependencies, deliverables, and target
- Responsible for software architecture, design, and
implementation, covering complete software development lifecycle
from requirements analysis to production and commercial deployment
of embedded devices and systems products.
- Review code and design.
- Responsible for integration and validation of new product
designs with other project team members.
- Supports verification and validation test methodologies for
product release, and design for test in a factory production
- Works closely with engineering managers, software quality
assurance, software, electrical and mechanical engineers to design,
debug, and release.
- Analyze, monitor, and improve efficiency and stability of the
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Supports software QA.
- Provide postproduction support of released products.
- Perform any other related duties as required or
- Minimum Bachelor's in Science with Computer Science, Computer
Engineering or Masters, preferred.
- ARM processors, Bluetooth and BLE, Wi-Fi, GPS & Power
Management.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5 - 7 years of comprehensive experience in embedded software
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive,
multitasking real-time OS.
- Experience with and knowledgeable using FreeRTOS.
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications.
- Must be proficient with C/C++ on embedded targets with
preemptive, multitasking RTOS. A minimum of 5 years C/C++ coding
experience is required.
- Must be experienced in hands-on development and debugging on
embedded targets using GDB or similar debugging platforms.
- Must be experienced in modern software development processes
including software configuration management tools and defect
tracking tools and peer review.
- Must have experience bringing a product to market
- Critical thinker and strong problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to being a team member and developing habits that
foster a healthy and productive team.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact
on company's success.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and eager to succeed.
Physical Requirements: Essential functions of this job require the
following minimal physical demands. -Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. -
- Required to sit, -talk, -or hear; frequently required to use
hands to grip or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk,
reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision and depth perception suitable for use of utilizing a
computer, printer, phone, and keyboard. -
- Manual dexterity -suitable for use of utilizing a
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes which
permits the employee to work in an office setting.
- Ability to walk and/or climb 5% of the time comfortably, with
or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to sit at a computer for 90% of the time comfortably,
with+ or without reasonable accommodation.
- Light to moderate lifting. - Working Conditions: - The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be comfortable working in an office environment to include
moderate noise levels.
- The working area is primarily in an open office setting with
reasonable lighting and controlled temperatures .
thinkers and -creators, we look at -the world with an -open mind,
engaging -with the possibilities -and broadening our -perspective
in an -inclusive -way. Disclaimer: The above statements reflect the
general details considered necessary to decide the principal
functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a
detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent
in the job. Job incumbents are expected to perform other duties
necessary for the effective operation of the position, department,
or the business.
Keywords: Nortek Security and Control LLC, San Diego , Senior Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...