Senior Manager Developer Productivity Support
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Company DescriptionAt ServiceNow, our technology makes the world
work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast
because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else
can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you
are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless
curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work
happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents,
so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big
together, supporting each other to make our individual and
collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with
you. With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of
the Fortune 500 -, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For - and World's Most Admired Companies---.
Learn more on and about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but
are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply!
At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive
environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We
welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional,
varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path
connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are
transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great
candidates.Job DescriptionWhat you get to do in this role:
- Lead efforts to hire, develop, and build a technically
proficient first-line developer productivity support team.
- Demonstrate your knowledge and experience in managing and
exceeding KPI's and critical engineering support metrics - Time to
Resolution (TTR), Backlogs, increasing efficiency, and
implementing/upholding change management, etc.
- Responsible for People Management, including hiring, improving
productivity, promoting employee morale, allocating and utilizing
resources efficiently, motivating teams, and managing attrition and
- Provide oversight of, and participate in, Change Management as
it relates to developer support..
- Own and bring to conclusion escalations by working across teams
in engineering, QE, and our Developer Productivity team.
- Drive daily incident management success from detection to
resolution leading to ongoing enhanced developer experiences.
- Manage major operations outages and communications to the
- Evaluate current processes, technology, and organizational
skills to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for
- Lead by example to cultivate and maintain a culture built on
teamwork, collaboration, and customer focus.
- Provide leadership during weekend and holiday on-call rotation
as required.To be successful in this role you have:
- Proven ability to create and implement programs to drive
efficient, innovative operations and contain expenses.
- Ability to lead change by effectively building commitment and
winning support for initiatives.
- Customer first mind set and a "Get it done" attitude are
critical success factors for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal customer
care and communication.
- A reputation as a trustworthy leader with a reputation for
fairness, dependability and adherence to high ethical standards.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical, strategic, analytical and
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and
- 8+ years engineering support and service operations management
experience with 6+ years in a people management role is
- Proven capability of having successfully delivered on support
metrics and managed a first-level support team.
- Experience supporting enterprise-scale hybrid cloud and on-prem
environmentsFluency in one or more of the following technologies:
- Amazon Web Services
- EKS / Kubernetes / Docker
- Prometheus / Grafana / LogicMonitor / Splunk
- Chef / Ansible
- Linux (CentOS / Ubuntu / RedHat)
- Windows (Desktop and Server)
- MacOSBasic Qualifications:
- Experience managing internal engineering operations in a large
and complex environment.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and improving operational
processes.MD23JV20For positions in California (outside of the Bay
Area), we offer a base pay of $125,640 - $219,960, plus equity
(when applicable), variable/incentive compensation and benefits.
Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings
(OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base
pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will
vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level,
competencies and work location. We also offer health plans,
including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company
match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan and
family leave programs (subject to eligibility requirements).
Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role
is located, and is subject to change based on work location. For
individuals who will be working in the Bay Area, there is a pay
enhancement for positions located in that geographical area; please
contact your recruiter for additional information.Additional
InformationServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran
status or any other category protected by law. At ServiceNow, we
lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work.
to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and
required-in-office. If you require a reasonable accommodation to
complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the
ability or unable to access or use this online application process
and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at
for assistance. For positions requiring access to technical data
subject to export control regulations, including Export
Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain
export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain
individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining
any export license or other approval that may be required by the
U.S. Government. Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are
increasingly common. to learn what to watch out for and how to
protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found
through the . From Fortune. - 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All
rights reserved. Used under license. Fortune and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, ServiceNow.
Keywords: Servicenow, San Diego , Senior Manager Developer Productivity Support, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!