Senior Engineer, Cellular Software
Company: KYOCERA International Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Kyocera International, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Engineer
Cellular Software in San Diego, California. If you have the
experience noted below and want to work with an innovative team and
great company, apply today! Kyocera International, Inc. is a
leading manufacturer of high-tech ceramics, semiconductor
components and other products which are used in a variety of
industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial and
semiconductor. Check out our profile video here! Check out
highlights from how we reward our valued team members and make
Kyocera a great team to join!
- Competitive pay based on experience and an annual bonus program
for all employees
- 3 weeks of accrued vacation the first year, higher levels based
on years with the company
- No cap on vacation accruals - employees can cash our or save
with no limit
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility - with company match
- Pension Program (100% paid by employer)
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Generous paid "Sick time" for managing the unexpected and
caring for your family
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family
with no wait period
- Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability Insurance (100%
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid time off for volunteer activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance benefit
- Various wellness benefits including reimbursement for massages
and many of our work locations have on-site gyms!With nearly 80,000
employees globally, Kyocera is a leading manufacturer of high-tech
Ceramics which are used in a variety of industries including
aerospace, automotive, Medical applications, and semiconductor
processing. You will find our innovative materials in everything
from smart phones to space shuttles! We have a wonderful and robust
corporate culture and philosophy based on the experiences and
writings of our founder, Dr. Kazuo Inamori, which you can learn
more about here! Come find out why we have so many long tenured
staff (many with over 30 years of service)! We are not only a great
place to work but also a great place to retire from!
- Master's degree with 10+ years or PhD with 5 years in
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, communication area or
related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Software/Firmware industrial
- Carrier-grade high capacity/performance requirements.
- In-depth understanding of 3GPP 5G NR and ORAN standards
- Programming: C/C++ and Python, Shell script, XML, YAML
- In-depth understanding of L1 Signal Processing (FFT, NCO,
Filter, Encoder/Decoder. FlexRAN SDK, FlexRAN DPDK)
- In-depth understanding of FlexRAN Task manager
- In-depth understanding of the Network and Edge Cloud
Architecture and the deployment of the cloud-native Kubernetes
- Experience with Server setup
- Experience with OS: Ubuntu, Red hat, Rocky Linux
- Experience Network connectivity, Ansible Host, Git
- Experience RT Kernel performance enhancement for Intel Xeon
Saphire Rapids or Cascade Lake Wind River Titanium Cloud
- In-depth understanding of virtualization and cloudification and
related hardware/software architecture
- Good understanding with HW abstraction Layer / DSP.
- Good understanding of Xeon platform and RT kernel and
- Experience with (R&S/Viavi) test equipment and software for
Layer 1 test.
- Working experience with Petalinux on Xilinx Zync platform a
- Good understanding of protocol stack from Layer 1 (Physical
Layer) a plus
- Experience Bios Profiles is a plus.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Eligible to work in ITAR environments.Pay rate range: $119,000
- $183,448Job Duties:
- Setup Intel 5G Base Station CU/DU Xeon Server, Install OS,
Network Interface based on various requirements.
- Installs, setup FlexRAN and interfaces to Hardware Accelerator
- Works with other engineers to develop FlexRAN test
- Works with team members to develop and execute TestMAC, Test
Application, Unit Test, and Radio Mode Test for RU and DU.
- Works with other engineers to develop and debug of the new
features from the baseline layer 1 software/server platform for
- Works with other engineers to exercise various Layer 1 tests
TestMAC, Test Application, Unit Test, and Radio Mode Test OTA with
combined DU-RU and UE emulator.
- Works with system engineer for fine-tuning task manager for
performance optimization for various test load conditions.
- Works with offshore team to debug and analyze new feature
- Works closely with global protocol team to resolve customer
issues found in lab/field/IOT/carrier test.ADDITIONAL
INFORMATIONThe above statements are intended to describe the work
being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required. The duties and responsibilities of this
position are subject to change and other duties may be assigned or
removed at any time. This position may require exposure to
information subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the
International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) or the Export
Administration Regulations (EAR). -Kyocera International, Inc.
values diversity in its workforce, and is proud to be an AAP/EEO
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability.If you are an individual with
a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any
part of the application process or are limited in the ability or
unable to access or use this online application process and need an
alternative method for applying, you may contact Kyocera
International, Inc.'s Human Resources team directly. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
Keywords: KYOCERA International Inc, San Diego , Senior Engineer, Cellular Software, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!