Lead Software Developer
Company: KYOCERA International Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Kyocera International, Inc. has an opening for a Lead Software
Developer -in San Diego, California. If you have the experience
noted below and want to work with an innovative team and great
company, apply today! Kyocera International, Inc. is a leading
manufacturer of high-tech ceramics, semiconductor components and
other products which are used in a variety of industries including
aerospace, automotive, industrial and semiconductor. Check out our
profile video here! Check out highlights from how we reward our
valued team members and make Kyocera a great team to join!
- Competitive pay based on experience and an annual bonus program
for all employees
- 3 weeks of accrued vacation the first year, higher levels based
on years with the company
- No cap on vacation accruals - employees can cash our or save
with no limit
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility - with company match
- Pension Program (100% paid by employer)
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Generous paid "Sick time" for managing the unexpected and
caring for your family
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family
with no wait period
- Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability Insurance (100%
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid time off for volunteer activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance benefit
- Various wellness benefits including reimbursement for massages
and many of our work locations have on-site gyms!With nearly 80,000
employees globally, Kyocera is a leading manufacturer of high-tech
Ceramics which are used in a variety of industries including
aerospace, automotive, Medical applications, and semiconductor
processing. You will find our innovative materials in everything
from smart phones to space shuttles! We have a wonderful and robust
corporate culture and philosophy based on the experiences and
writings of our founder, Dr. Kazuo Inamori, which you can learn
more about here! Come find out why we have so many long tenured
staff (many with over 30 years of service)! We are not only a great
place to work but also a great place to retire from!
- Bachelor's degree or 8+ years of IT software development
experience. Supervising software developers and master's degree a
- Working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is a plus.
Understanding of corporate audit programs (such as SOX) and
ensuring system and procedure experience a plus.
- 8+ years as a developer or lead on high performance Software
Development or Software Engineering teams and building world class
- Experience in technical leadership in driving software
development roadmaps, mentoring, and helping others grow
- Lead a software development team in designing, coding, testing,
and deploying software solutions utilizing modern development
techniques and best practices.
- Lead or oversaw medium and large-scale change solutions focused
on business process improvement.
- Technical program management experience identifying business
requirements and delivering successful solutions.
- Extensive Knowledge of cloud computing, enterprise computing,
PaaS, IaaS products
- Software Development
- Extensive knowledge of software development tools, coding
languages and development techniques such as SOLID, clean
architecture, DevOps, web services, TDD, CI/CD, design
- Extensive knowledge in developing cloud PAAS solutions.
- Extensive knowledge in Web Services concepts and architecture
(Rest API, JSON, SOAP)
- Extensive knowledge with integrating solutions using ETL/ELT
concepts and tools (SSIS, Data Factory)
- Extensive knowledge in SDLC, Agile/Scrum and ALM
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and
- Familiar with collaboration tools like MS Teams
- 3+ years of ERP Integrations experience (SAP Hana experience a
- Knowledge of using integrations, bolt-ons and cloud-based
solutions to augment the ERP system.
- Experience building processes, project management, and release
schedules for ERP deployment.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Eligible to work in ITAR environments. Pay grade: $101,230 -
$146,578 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds relationships, effective teams, and networks that extend
throughout the company.
- Effectively communicate with senior management:
- Must be able to communicate technical solutions in business
terms with business functional areas such as Operations, R&D,
Quality and Finance team.
- Determine goals and priorities of new projects.
- Process management improvements
- Deployment plans
- Project deliverables
- Testing requirements
- Designing, developing, and supporting scalable, highly
available solutions either through process management or solution
- Review and improve where possible business processes, best
practices, and application utilization to achieve greater
efficiencies during implementations, upgrades, and
- Ensure project management techniques are used for all solutions
and critical issue resolution including communications plan,
training plan, impact assessment / resistance management
- Lead or facilitate project discovery to define requirements and
assess business impact and identify areas of potential
- Drive successful engagement, organizational assessment, impact
analysis, learning/training, communications, business readiness,
deployment, and adoption measurement throughout projects.
- Create and implement strategies and plans to ensure user
adoption and proficiency of all ESD solutions, as well as to
minimize overall risk.
- Collaborate, monitor, and manage costs of software development
- Create and implement and review team development metrics and
KPI's with management.
- Develop application validation and testing schedules for
quality and process checking new programs, patches, and
- Resolve system, applications, and process problems by
leveraging Systems, Applications, Analysts, Business Functional
Experts, Vendors, and contract personnel as required.
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide clarity on
business practices and resolve issues.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/undefined
- Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer
- Demonstrated ability to manage tradeoffs and evaluate
opportunistic new ideas.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to
get the job done.
- Willingness to occasionally travel domestically or
- Ability to occasionally shift work schedules as needed to work
with offshore development resources.
- Eligible to work in an ITAR environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively speak and read English.ADDITIONAL
INFORMATIONThe above statements are intended to describe the work
being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required. The duties and responsibilities of this
position are subject to change and other duties may be assigned or
removed at any time. This position may require exposure to
information subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the
International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) or the Export
Administration Regulations (EAR). -Kyocera International, Inc.
values diversity in its workforce, and is proud to be an AAP/EEO
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, or on the basis of disability.If you are an individual with
a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any
part of the application process or are limited in the ability or
unable to access or use this online application process and need an
alternative method for applying, you may contact Kyocera
International, Inc.'s Human Resources team directly. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
Keywords: KYOCERA International Inc, San Diego , Lead Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!