Building Technology Systems - Senior Consultant
Company: Kinsley Power Systems
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 16, 2023
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Building Technology
Systems - Senior Consultant for our Irvine, CA office. The
following locations will also be considered: Los Angeles; San
Diego; and Riverside. Be involved in projects with our Building
Technology Systems Team and be a part of a growing organization
that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
Provides technical assistance and guidance for multi-site/phase due
diligence, design, development, building, testing, and inspecting
of smart building projects in the public and private sector.
Responsibilities include the research, design, concept development,
planning, installation, operation, maintenance, and optimal
integration of intelligent technologies using a converged network
approach, and systems that make predictive and automated decisions
that impact building capabilities including access control,
acoustics, audio systems, security, and video surveillance.
Substantiates reports and documentation regarding equipment,
installation, integration, and operation specifications. Ensures
that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of
quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for
design, safety, and functionality for building inhabitants.
- Project management of medium to large sized projects and
projects for key clients.
- Acts as project manager on projects involving multiple service
- Demonstrates understanding and management of client's
expectations for project goals, budget and schedules
- Responsibility for project accounting including budget
monitoring, profitability, contract negotiations and timely
resolution with clients.
- Lead design, specification and coordination of building
- Coordination and integration of building technology systems
with other intelligent building systems
- Cross-discipline coordination
- Take full responsibility and accountability for maintaining a
portfolio of clients.
- Develops objectives to increase business with selected
- Client networking, follow up on leads, follow-up participation
in marketing meetings, strategy sessions, etc.
- Promotes all of WSP's service offerings when interacting with
clients or potential clients.
- Prepares proposals and responses to RFP's and participates at
- Has full responsibility and accountability for client
satisfaction and maintaining a steady level of repeat
- Delegates work properly to senior and non-senior staff; manages
and coordinates the work.
- Ability to mentor staff on a project basis and assure continued
advancement of staff from project to project.
- Identifying and mentoring future Project Leaders.
- Takes active role in industry events and in professional
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in closely related discipline.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant post education experience in an AV and
Telecommunications discipline with prior smart building technology
- Proficient knowledge with building technology principles,
practices, process, design/build, and the application to project
- Well-defined experience with building planning, design, and
installation management; including active involvement in a variety
of renovation and new design projects.
- Experience in various types and sizes of projects such as
healthcare, science and technology, healthcare, high rise
commercial office and high-end high rise residential, hospitality,
educational, data center design and outside plant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an
emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information
- AutoCAD and Revit experience desired.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Extensive experience in working directly with clients.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- Industry Certifications are a plus although not required (BICSI
RCDD, CTS-D, CPP, CCNA/CCDA/CCIE, PMP)
- Experience managing small to mid-size projects.
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits focused on a
providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's
career. These benefits include coverage related to medical, dental,
vision, disability, and life; retirement savings; paid sick leave;
paid vacation (or other personal time); paid parental leave; and
paid time off for purposes of bereavement, voting, and/or
attendance at naturalization proceedings.Compensation
Expected Salary (all locations): $69,600 - $130,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range that the company in
good faith believes it might pay and offer for this position, based
on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge,
skills, abilities in addition to internal equity and specific
geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay
more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits
and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to
an applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state,
and/or federal law.
Keywords: Kinsley Power Systems, San Diego , Building Technology Systems - Senior Consultant, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!