Technical Solutions Manager
Company: WD-40 Company
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Technical Solutions Manager
WD-40 Corporation is a globally recognized leader in providing
innovative and high-quality maintenance solutions. Our mission is
to develop products that make everyday life easier and more
efficient for our customers. We are seeking a motivated and
results-driven Technical Solutions Manager with food grade
experience to join our team and drive growth within targeted trade
channels. This role offers the flexibility of working remote.
As a Technical Solutions Manager at WD-40 Corporation, you will be
responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
within specific trade channels. Your primary focus will be on
enhancing end-user facility profitability by understanding customer
needs and articulating the value of WD-40 food grade products. You
will work closely with sales teams, agency partners, and
distributors to develop and execute strategic plans that drive
sales and market share growth. Responsibilities:
- Perform facility audits to assess
end-user needs identify WD-40 food grade product solutions that
enhance facility efficiency and reduce expenses.
- Contribute to the development of annual sales goals, strategic
action plans, target customer lists, and budgets.
- Conduct primary research and analysis on new business sectors
and present findings to senior sales leadership.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the new business
- Actively seek out and initiate negotiations with prospective
new customers and manage the sales process until completion.
- Thrive in an ambiguous environment and utilize disparate
information to identify new business potential.
- Collaborate with Sales Director, National Account Managers,
field and inside sales managers to develop customer-specific
programs within the MRO, Industrial, Farm channels.
- Provide end-user insights and strategic recommendations as part
of the "Grow Industry" Must Win Battle.
- Attend national trade shows and engage with prospective new
customers and generating sales leads.
- Networks within new trade channel sector targets to gather
intelligence and facts needed for analyzing investment of company's
time, talent and treasure.
- Facilitate sales lead follow-up with sales teams and
participate in CRM activities.
- Makes new product and line extension recommendations - emphasis
on food-grade portfolio.
- Conduct joint sales calls and worksite visits with sales team
members, partners, and distributors to assess customer needs.
- Deliver product knowledge training sessions to end-users,
distributor partners, and new customer sales teams.
- Proven experience in business development, sales, or marketing
roles within the industrial or maintenance industry, with a focus
on food grade solutions
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Knowledge and experience with food grade regulations and
- Willingness to travel extensively up to 50%
- Advanced ability to influence and understand human behavior to
drive sales and open new accounts.
- Strong understanding of designated trade channels, markets, and
customers (e.g., Industrial, Farm).
- Expertise in translating technical product performance into
end-user benefits, establishing credibility within the industrial
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals through effective
new business generation.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, maintaining strong
- Proficiency in creating and executing business development
- Strong project management abilities, managing concurrent
projects within budget and time constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
persuasive presentation capabilities.
- Ability to analyze markets, conduct market mapping, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, with strong
organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field or
Our "Why" At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven,
passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our
"why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting
memories in everything we do. Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development
of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to
build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down
to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom
Centered Workplace Do You Align With Our Values? Please, only
consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly
about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values
every day. Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career
search!#WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories At WD-40 Company we
foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized,
valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique
such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits,
beliefs, and preferences. #LI-CM1
We've Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you
protection, security, and peace of mind. We offer life-enhancing
health, wellness, and financial programs, including profit sharing,
annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, and 401K
match. In addition, we want you to recharge and take time off, so
enjoy short-day Fridays, vacation time, paid holidays, and an
additional paid week off between Christmas and the new year to
spend with family and friends!
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Don't see a position that fits what you are
looking for? Connect with us for general consideration and we will
let you know when new positions become available.
Keywords: WD-40 Company, San Diego , Technical Solutions Manager, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!