Senior Software Development Test Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
The Sr. Software Development Test Engineer is responsible for advancing the test framework, test tools, and test cases. The candidate will develop and extend automated test cases, to verify full coverage of product requirements, and will be responsible for completion of software test activities for projects from the software requirements phase through release of the software. The candidate will also be required to generate and record documentation during the process, and provide updates to the team as needed. Skills in object-oriented programming, test, integration, and verification activities and an understanding of the full software development lifecycle are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of Object Oriented Programming experience
- Experience in test frameworks (e.g. Junit) and IDE (e.g. Eclipse).
- Understanding of good software development and testing practices.
- Moderate experience with Android and/or iOS devices, including debugging, installation, and configuration is a plus.
- Familiarity with Appium or MonkeyTalk platforms is a plus.
- Moderate knowledge of C/C++ programming language is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement advancements to software test cases and test framework.
- Design, create, execute, and maintain automated test cases in Java.
- Generate test cases using black and white box methods.
- Review product specifications, software requirements, and software design specifications.
- Update test cases as per requirement/design changes.
- Lead projects and/or products and report status to management.
- Record task status and track issues in the bug tracking system, and investigate root cause.
- Work in close collaboration with software developers and other test engineers to produce high quality product.
- Create requirements traceability matrices which demonstrate test coverage of all features.
- Write test reports documenting detailed results of validation, and report test progress to management.
- Follow internal software development, cybersecurity, and validation procedures that comply with medical and security regulations.
- Work in regulated environment: Create/update software validation plans, and software risk analyses, for software used in commercial products.
- Validate Dexcom tools and products using automated/manual testing procedures.
- Execute software validation plans and protocols.
- Provide training to team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline. Masters desired.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Keywords: Dexcom, San Diego , Senior Software Development Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!