Sr Software Engineer
Company: Sony Electronics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 15, 2018
- You'll be working on a mixture of projects, varying from prototypes and proof of concepts across different product categories to helping with our production React/Node-based server-less backend and mobile applications. The development will vary from web to Android to backend development - whatever it takes to accomplish the goals.
- Helping to define and develop user experiences that delight the customer.
- You should be comfortable with mentoring junior software engineers and in leading technical/architectural discussions. Skill set
- You will ideally have experience with building out RESTful services in AWS leveraging things like CloudFront, WAF, API Gateway, Lambda, Cognito, EC2, and DynamoDB. You should understand AWS best practices in securing and monitoring infrastructure.
- Experience with Firebase, Remote Config, Cloud Messaging is good.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with native Android application development.
- Knowledge of loaders, fragments, and other modern tools/frameworks
- Nice to have: C/C++ experience, played with machine learning and/or helped a ML team with tools/infrastructure, Python, embedded development, OpenGL, WebGL, Unity/Unreal, Express or Hapi.
- You should have experience with the unit testing of code - using JUnit or equivalent. TDD experience is nice to have. Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent required
- 7+ years of solid industry experience with a breadth of programming language coverage
- Ideally 1+ years dedicated to native mobile development and knowledge of platform/tools
- Prior mentoring experience is highly desired
- Excellent communicator who is passionate about quality, testability, extensibility, and simple design
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment is helpful Tools
- Experience with Gradle and Jenkins is very helpful
- Experience with Git/GitHub and managing code on multiple branches is expected Candidate Submission Requirements
- Applicant portfolio should be presented:
- Link to Stack Overflow, GitHub, or equivalent page(s)
- Link(s) to any open-source contribution(s)
- Link(s) to any apps in the Android Market or iOS App Stores. Try to be specific about your contribution please.
- Code sample(s) if available
- References Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We sincerely appreciate and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc. For a complete list of Sony Electronics Inc. Job Opportunities visit:
Keywords: Sony Electronics, San Diego , Sr Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!