Company: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: December 9, 2018
CA Systems Administrator III (ca)
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our Systems & Infrastructure Ops team in San Diego, CA.
Under general guidance of the Manager - Systems & Infrastructure, this position will be responsible for the following
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform installation, upgrades, patching, monitoring, alerting and response of VMware platforms.
- Maintain documentation of VMware operations and processes.
- Participate in fault isolation and root cause analysis using company process.
- Create tickets based on requests; process and resolve per system procedures
- Provide assistance to users on an on-call basis
- Perform additional duties as assigned or required.
Travel Percentage Required
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in information technology or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional systems administration experience in an information technology department. May substitute equivalent working experience in the field in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of virtualization concepts, practices, and standards including but not limited to system installation, configuration and management, performance tuning and measurement, back-up, recovery, TCP/IP and related internet protocols and network concepts, security/firewalls, web servers, and load balancing.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- Team player attitude
- Must have organizational skills including scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must have experience performing in a high demand, high performance team setting.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues related to virtualization.
- Basic analytical, verbal and written communications skills to accurately document findings
- Good interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent organization and time management skills to properly multi-task, resolve and track requests/issues
- Must provide mentorship to junior personnel on daily basis
- Able to handle workload challenges appropriately
- Must be able to contribute to the development of new processes and resolve a variety of complex technical problems in a creative and efficient manner. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of highly complex problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to guide employees; (4) the ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects; and (5) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Must be able to perform and speak to one or more of the following disciplines:
- VMware - Understanding and experience with Virtual Operations:
- VCP required
- vCOPS (vRealize)
- VM sizing
Keywords: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies, San Diego , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!