Embedded C++ Developer
Company: EBS Minds IT
Location: San Diego
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Interested candidates kindly share your updated resume to Location: San Diego, CADuration: 4+ Years ContractPrimary Skills: C++, Python, Linux, Embedded Testing, CodingREQUIREMENT
- Understand the software response to system and controls requirements, develop software based on software requirements and design, create Test Specification Documents,and deliver software solutions of highest quality
- Work in hard and soft real time domain with complex hardware interfaces and various communication protocols (TCP/IP, Ethercat, Profinet)
- Ability to develop code for a distributed control system. The coding will require programming in different languages (C++, Python) on different OS environments (VxWorks, CentOS).
- Conform to the approved Software Development Process and the Program Development Process, and be an active champion of process improvement.
- Utilize knowledge to design software for large complex multi-processor systems.
- Articulate (verbal and written) the design decisions and implementations made to management at Cymer /ASML, its development partners and the customer.
- Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related Engineer/Science fields. MS or Ph.D in relevant field is a plus.
- Strong C++ knowledge, Object Oriented Design principles and embedded development
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines with agility and results driven approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyse data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to quickly develop and understand complex control systems including embedded real-time, application layers, CORBA interface and its associated hardware environment.
- Ability to independently determine technical solutions including test documentation.
- Technical expert of data management, TCP/IP and other similar communication protocols.
- Applies advanced knowledge of design methodologies.
- Demonstrates sophisticated knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools, systems analysis and design, and database management.
- Project leadership skills.
- Ability to follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analysing requirements, developing concepts and designs,implementation, developing and executing test plans' and engaging in work product reviews.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members as well as individuals in other disciplines and organizations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Some travel required SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, or other related eng or science fields. MS or Ph.D in relevant field is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years in technical development role
- Experience in leadership or designing software for a complex multi-processor distributed control system is a plus.
- Proven ability in coding / programming in different languages (C++, Python) on different OS environments (VxWorks, CentOS).
- Curious and current on emerging software methodologies PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to be on call and work hours as required to solve problems that arise with internal and external customers. External customers could be outside the US.
- The environment requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) and/or working in a manufacturing clean room environment from time to time - provided by Dice C++, Python, Linux, Embedded Testing, Coding
Keywords: EBS Minds IT, San Diego , Embedded C++ Developer, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!