Sr. Software Developer - (San Diego, CA)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2019
Why not work somewhere better? The road to better starts with a single step. Join us on our relentless quest to improve the lives of those who practice medicine and those they care for. Our goal? Healthier patients, happier providers and happier employees. Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Sr. Software Developer (San Diego, CA)
Our Software Engineers build state-of-the art healthcare applications that empower doctors, administrators, and patients in the healthcare delivery process. You will be responsible for the design and development of our web-based EHR and Practice Management solutions as part of an Agile software development team. All team members take responsibility for the quality and value of the software we provide to customers through continuous delivery.
* Collaborate with team members and stakeholders in the planning, scoping, and design of new software applications.
* Design and code high traffic web applications
* Learn and follow the Healthcare IT industry to develop and maintain empathy for customer needs
* Maintain, modify, and assume responsibility for ongoing data architecture.
* Produce automated tests for developed software with reasonable test cases (includes unit, regression, integration tests where applicable).
* Integrates independently deployed software components and services with the larger system.
* Assist team members with project assignments, providing them guidance, implementation feedback and helping them understand our business domain.
* Assist in Code Reviews and Design Reviews.
* Independently work with the team in planning, outlining the tasks involved in a project and executing tasks assigned in a timely fashion.
* Independently determine most effective engineering solutions to meet business requirements.
* 5-7 years experience in web application development
* Strong knowledge in HTML5 and CSS3 development
* Experience working with relational databases
* Built and tested software as part of a larger project that involved continuous integration and continuous delivery
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Knowledge of developing and deploying applications using AWS services
* Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science or related field
* Ability to influence other developers and stakeholders in R&D regarding practices and procedures
* Experience working in teams following continuous integration / continuous delivery
* Expertise in Python language
* Expertise in NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
Keywords: QSI/NextGen, San Diego , Sr. Software Developer - (San Diego, CA), IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!