Software Engineer III
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 15, 2019
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. Position Summary: Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a software engineer to join a global, dynamic R&D team focused on new product development. Working with a small team of engineers and scientists, you will architect, design, implement, test, and document real-time embedded software for cutting-edge online instrumentation that utilizes technologies including x-ray fluorescence, neutron activation analysis, ultrasonic attenuation, magnetic resonance, weigh sensors, and metal detectors for the mining and bulk materials handling industries. In this position, you will utilize a broad spectrum of software skills including low level hardware interface, data gathering, algorithm development, data communication, and user interfaces as you help develop the next generation of world class industrial instrumentation. The successful candidate is expected to conduct his/her job responsibilities with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and personal accountability. Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities
- Write embedded and application software in support of research and new product development projects
- Work closely with marketing and other product stakeholders to develop and document system level specifications and requirements
- Develop technical design and test documentation
- Create and execute to development schedules
- Occasional travel to industry sites Minimum Qualifications/Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Mininum 3 years of C++ software develepment.
- Minimum of 2 years of C/C++ on Linux.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Desired Experience:
- Experience writing software for embedded Linux.
- Experience with UI development using Qt
- C# development experience.
- Software development experience using ARM microprocessers
- Experience with the following industrial Communications Protocols: Modbus & TCP/IP sockets
- Experience with the following peripheral protocols: I2C, RS232
- Industrial automation experience
- Experience in writing industrial software and user interfaces
- Experience writing embedded Web user interfaces
- Proven project leadership experience Additional Hiring Criteria:
- Works effectively within a globally distributed, cross-functional team environment
- Skilled in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Motivated self starter, able to work independently towards objectives and as part of a team with the team goals in mind
- Attention to detail
- Able to ensure proper version and release control of all software
- Strong customer focus
- Support field staff and customers in the use of new software, including preparation of manuals and other instructions, and providing direct fault tracing assistance
- Ensure that completed work is documented as required and the good coding practices are followed At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission--enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Department: Software Development - provided by Dice Algorithm, Analysis, C++, Development, Embedded, Embedded Software, Hardware, Linux, Materials, Peripheral, Project, Protocols, Release, Research, Scientific, Software Engineer, TCP/IP
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, San Diego , Software Engineer III, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!