Software Development Engineer in Test II
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
The Software Development Engineer in Test II validates software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products including firmware, apps, and server platform. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans and test protocols and automated test scripts, and performs risk assessments. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with software development engineers in resolution of problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in software requirements and design reviews.
- Review software requirements and design specifications.
- Create software verification plans, test protocols, and software risk analyses, for software used in commercial products.
- Validate the configuration, functionality, and user interface of software and tools.
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated and manual test scripts to test software.
- Execute software verification plans and test protocols.
- Record and track issues in the bug tracking system.
- Analyze failures and collaborate with development teams to ensure root cause is investigated.
- Create requirements traceability matrices which demonstrate test coverage of all features.
- Write test reports documenting detailed results of validation, and report test progress to management.
- Follow internal software development, cybersecurity, and validation procedures that comply with medical and security regulations.
- Modify test protocols based on requirements changes and execute regression validation accordingly.
- Work with other engineers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Moderate knowledge of OOP languages preferably JAVA or C#.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience in software testing and related areas of software quality assurance.
- Understanding of good software development and testing practices.
- Excellent oral communication skills for interfacing with peers in other departments.
- Strong written skills and ability to follow Dexcom software procedures and generate required software documentation.
- Software development or test experience in medical device industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of a bug tracking tool is a plus.
- Familiarity with Appium or NUnit is a plus.
- Knowledge of server communications between mobile apps is a plus.
- Knowledge of Android and/or iOS devices, including debugging, installation, and configuration is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Keywords: Dexcom, San Diego , Software Development Engineer in Test II, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!