Lead Security Software Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Lead Security Software Engineer
Security - San Diego (Sorrento Valley), CA - Full Time
A Lead Security Software Engineer participates in the research and development of security related technologies and implementations. This research and development will help in the creation of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, and the Internet. The Lead Security Software Engineer collaborates with his/her teammates to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. The engineer should enjoy working through the software development life cycle. A successful engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible. The engineer will need to learn and understand the entire product suite as well as gain deep technical knowledge of particular solutions in the group he/she joins. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist development and QA teams with security related implementations and questions
• Develop security related libraries for the development teams to use
• Design security related protocols, secure storage mechanisms, authentication mechanisms, etc. for various products
• Research new devices, chipsets and/or operating systems for security capabilities and weaknesses
• Design and develop software for securing and managing premium video content in various environments
• Participate and lead discussions dealing with architectures, specifications, requirements, testing and design reviews
• Implement your designs, write code, write and perform unit tests, integrate into our distributed video security system and follow deliverables through the product design/development life cycle
• Develop new algorithms and software; analyze, review, and re-architect current designs in order to create new capabilities as well as improve performance, efficiency, and sustainability
• Estimate and plan development tasks, improve development processes and tools to meet corporate targets
• Help train new development engineers in secure development life cycle (SDL)
• Assist in analyzing possible security breaches and design countermeasures.
• Participate in our innovation process to increase the company’s patent portfolio.
This position reports to the Director of Security within the CTO team.
• 7 or more years software engineering work experience;
• 5 or more years C/C++ or Java or Objective C design and coding experience (more than 1 language is a big plus);
• Working knowledge of cryptographic paradigms such as PKI, Encryption, Authentication, Key exchange algorithms, etc.;
• Understanding of software obfuscation and white-box cryptography and related commercial applications;
• Significant programming experience using the following:
o Network programming using TCP, UDP, etc.
o Client/server distributed architecture;
• Experience with Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) is required;
• Knowledge of multimedia chipset security features and concepts such as Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) and TrustZone are highly desirable;
• Familiarity with tools such as HP Fortify, penetration and fuzz testers are a plus;
• Management experience is a bonus.
Keywords: , San Diego , Lead Security Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!