Computer Systems Architect
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 18, 2019
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery.
Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue
to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values
that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Systems Engineering Test and Integration team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Computer Systems Architect based out of San Diego, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
We are searching for a senior Computer systems architect with experience in designing and overseeing the purchase, installation, and support of storage and computing resources. Experience in managing and planning for resources,
support, and upgrades of multiple secure systems is essential. This is a technical, hands-on position, and requires frequent travel to various sites throughout the continental US. The successful candidate should possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills, be self-directed, and be able to work both independently and in a team environment with nominal supervision.
* Ensuring workstation and/or server data integrity through evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
* Supporting media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services
* Developing and promoting standard operating procedures
The Computer systems architect is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining computing platforms (workstations and servers, to include web servers), storage solutions, and enterprise management solutions in support of
business processing requirements. The successful candidate will perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages, schedule installations and upgrades, and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. The Computer systems architect will work with developer tools such as XML Spy, ACE, Beyond Compare, ClearCase, ClearQuest, ClearTeam, Hex Workshop, IP*Works, MSDN, MS Office, Visual Studio 2010, Resharper, Java JDK, Eclipse, OpenFire, Spark, Maven, and others. Strong oral, written, and presentation
communication skills are a must, as the incumbent has frequent interaction with internal and external customers. The Computer systems architect will monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels, and ensure data/
media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree within a related field with2 years of systems administration experience; 4 years of additional
experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
* Current Active DoD Top Secret clearance
* Ability to conduct quality control checks without significant errors
* Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
* Knowledge of systems administration in a mixed platform environment
* Superior oral, written, and presentation communications skills to provide customer support
* Ability to respond to crises objectively and with composure
* Experience resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems
* Familiarity with agile software development
* US Citizenship required
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
* Knowledge of Aviation Logistics
* Knowledge of Aviation maintenance schedules and flight operations
* Experience with Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance systems
* Experience with 3-Tiered Architecture
* Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, San Diego , Computer Systems Architect, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!