Software/ Principal Software Configuration Analyst
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 18, 2019
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software/ Principal Software Configuration Analystbased out of San Diego, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable. Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Analysts may work independently or be asked to oversee junior analysts.
Software (SW)Configuration Management (CM)analysts are responsible for developing and maintaining software and other technological aspects on a DoDprogram. General CM software analyst duties andresponsibilitiesare delineated below:
* Communicate issues and risks pertaining to issues, solutions and releases
* Coordinate final signoff releases and manage release schedule
* Work with developers, QA and administrators to ensure success of builds anddeployments in development, QA, UAT, staging and production environments
* Support the engineering teams using Clear Case/Clear Questto solve release and SW build problems.
* Maintain software tools to support the software release process and SCCB
* Implement software configuration management policies and products
* Timing execution of platform integration builds and ensuring that all issues encountered while generating platform builds are resolved
* Monitor and troubleshoot common and daily SW tasks and documentation updates
* Provide direction on maturing the VHDL CM repository/process from Design Sync.
* Responsible for ensuring the necessary technology interfaces appropriately with client needs, including third-party applications andcustomer interaction ensuringprogramapplications remain secure and are coordinated andcommunicated with peers both internally and externally.
SWanalysts work in an office environment and traditionally work during normal business hours, although at times some late shifts or on-call remotework may be requested.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the requirements below.
This position may be filled as a Software or Principal Software Configuration Analyst.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications for a Software Configuration Analyst:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or in a related field witha minimum of2years of related working experience
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Software Configuration Analyst:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or in a related field witha minimum of5years of related working experience
Basic Qualifications for a Software and Principal Software Configuration Analyst:
* Experience supporting scripting languages and database management.
* Experience with high level of problem solving isreqiredto troubleshoot system issues and prevent downtime.
* Experience using Clear Case/Clear Questor similar tool to solve release and SW build problems.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Ability to work professionally to tight deadlines while producing quality work andto communicate to the team effectively
* Perform ClearCase (CC)and ClearQuest(CQ) administrator tasks such as creating VOB, directory structures in CC, create CQ database for programs, queries, add rules andusersin both tools. CM software architect, building, merging/inheriting and establishing new branching versioning, documentation processing andmaintaina dedicated build machine to eliminate variable coding differences.
* Perform system level Operational Program (OP),withcombined binaries withcurrently single development branching.
* Perform Share Point administration such as creating program directory structures, grantingaccess, limiting access to general users, creating excel metric reports for capturing SW CCB agendas, minutes, document releases, archives and, directories, andinternal links and documentation numbering and status.
* Moving the current software tool set forward to aJira/Git Hub CM process
* Working knowledge of the following tools; STM Pro, Share Point, Design Sync for VHDL coding, PDM or PLM,Visio or Adobe Pro,Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)and Rational tool sets.
* Past experience with Hardware CM and Program Change Boards including data management SDRL submittals via IDE environments.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, San Diego , Software/ Principal Software Configuration Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!