Public Safety Software Consultant (Remote)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 18, 2019
The Public Safety Software Consultant is responsible for developing
the Software Suite strategy for their supported region. This plan
should include training and development, a partnership with local
events such as roadshows equating to creating new Software Suite
pipeline. Pursue new incremental accounts and opportunities, work
to identify strategic Manufacturer Representatives, invests time
wisely in messaging, developing, motivating LMR sales associates,
respond in a timely and professional manner.
The Pubclis Safety Software Consultant (IE) will be responsible,
but not limited to the following:
* Build long-term pipeline, maintain a real opportunity funnel.
Laying the groundwork to uncover new deals and opportunities into
* Recognizes and acts on opportunities, develop and grow account
contacts be timely with follow-up on product issues, and be
responsive to customer needs and requests. Effective use of
conversational questioning skills to uncover customer needs,
issues, and other information necessary to successfully close a
Software Suite opportunity. Assist in fulfilling all customer care
responsibilities and other sales support requirements to ensure
maximum customer retention levels.
* The IE effectively assist in the start of Software Suite
piloting/evaluation activities equating to closed business. The IE
should effectively engage members and work partners to execute on
* The IE should be well aware of MSI s pricing policies and
structure of dealer pricing programs and adhere to the guidelines
on pricing. Business conflicts and issues must be handled
professionally by the IE. The IE should work diligently to get our
Software Suite on as many contracts as possible.
* The IE is a team player and works with others in mind and
respects the responsibilities of peers including work partners such
as LMR account managers. The IE is timely and accurate with all
administrative responsibilities, including but not limited to
expenses, training, conference calls, PO claiming, special discount
requests and opportunity qualifying. The IE should show a level of
urgency when responding to customers, and LMR peers.
* The IE continually conducts oneself in a highly ethical, moral,
and professional fashion. The IE is consistently on time for
meetings, conference calls, and other time sensitive events. The IE
has a high degree of loyalty to MSI core customers and makes
decisions based on the overall MSI customer needs versus personal
* Bachelors Degree.
* Seeking 10+ years work experience in Government Public Safety
(minimum 5+ years in a command-level positions) with sales and
business development in the industry.
* General knowledge of CJIS security protocols and Data Networks
such as LTE & LMR.
* Extremely proficient in the technology trends impacting national
* Considerable experience and expertise with State and Local
purchasing processes and contracts that are available for our
* Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter. Willingness and
ability to prioritize tasks, set daily action items, and work
independently with minimal supervision.
* Superior organization and time management skills. Detail oriented
with excellent follow-through and follow-up.
* Diligent work ethic. Willingness to take initiative and ownership
of opportunities and move deliverables to completion.
* Flexible, adaptable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Resourcefulness to effectively navigate the internal MSI
organization to resolve issues and achieve objectives.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
* Strong computer skills with a high level of competence in WAN,
* This position is subject to working in high security areas
governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice
Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires
successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check
administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
* Broad experience & knowledge across multiple areas of the State
and Local government.
* Significant experience using and/or promoting technologies to the
Body Worn Camera sector.
* Ability to identify new business opportunities and areas for
improvement. Communication skills to present the opportunity and
* Experience developing, presenting and executing strategic plans
and business cases to achieve buy-in of necessary stakeholders such
as MSI product teams.
* Candidates will be expected to grow the Software Enterprise
business with new and existing opportunities, negotiating
contracts, holding sales training, and promoting the value of our
Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR
8+ years of sales/public safety experience
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by
The Software Enterprise Sales team is a group within Motorola
Solutions, Inc. that provides industry leading, next generation
Citizen Engagement, 9-1-1 Call Taking, Computer Aided Dispatch,
Records Management, Jail Management, Public Service 311, and
analytics software applications to the Public Safety and Public
Service markets. No other company has the breadth and depth of
technology and experience to deliver end to end public safety
applications and mission critical voice and data communications
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer
to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications,
software, video and services help our customers work safely and
more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through
smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or
reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the
world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to
keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola
Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no
discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age,
religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability,
protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Motorola, San Diego , Public Safety Software Consultant (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!