Company: USE Credit Union
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: February 16, 2020
USE Credit UnionJob ID 2Job Locations US-CA-Chula VistaCategory
Retail (Branches)Type Regular Full-TimeMore information about this
Do you have an eye for detail? A passion for policies and
procedures? The Operations Supervisor position is perfect for you!
As an Operations Supervisor, you'll have the chance to help ensure
the safety and soundness of USE. Become part of a team that is key
in reducing operational errors and creating an unbeatable service
experience. Do you have what it takes?
- Maintains operations procedures ensuring compliance with
approved credit union policies and procedures, therein delivering a
high level of member service and operational quality in the credit
- Ensures compliance of credit union employees with established
security, operations, regulatory compliance, audit, and
recordkeeping policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for and participates as necessary in branch audit
functions, and prepares reports as needed, including but not
limited to various branch certifications, fraud control,
reconciliations, negotiable control, and monthly/quarterly
- Oversees and monitors branch activities for compliance with
established policies and procedures. Works closely with Assistant
Branch Manager to ensure that operational standards are met, and
that operational issues are escalated and resolved in timely
- Mentors branch staff, and provides hands on training and
development to ensure new and existing staff have the requisite
knowledge and skills. Provides coaching to aid with increasing
understanding and ensure consistent application of policies and
- At the direction of the Branch Management, reviews records and
reports to insure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Offers guidance and instructs branch operations staff in their
daily functions, including assisting with scheduling, assigning
work, coordinating activities, answering questions, solving
problems, helping with complex transactions and explaining policies
and procedures to tellers and members.
- Responsible for credit union operations, including opening
,closing, and/or operating the branch on an occasional basis, in
absence of Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager.
- Approves transactions and authorizes fee reversals in
accordance with established authority levels.
- Operates a cash drawer when needed, and processes cash and
check deposits, withdrawal requests, loan payments, and general
ledger transactions in accordance to credit union policies and
- Protects the credit union member assets by identifying all
members when transacting business and giving information, adhering
to security practices. Solves member inquiries and/or
- Establishes new memberships, including checking and savings
accounts, term accounts, IRA's, online banking, insurance products
- Supports daily sales efforts of operations staff and
facilitates referrals of credit union products and services,
including assisting Branch Management in sales development of each
staff member, as applicable.
- Works efficiently with team members to reach branch goals and
maintain branch performance and production goals.
- Provides an unbeatable service experience and adheres to the
credit union's quality service standards, including solving member
issues and complaints, and assisting tellers in mediating member
- Remains up-to-date and knowledgeable on credit union products,
services, and related policies, procedures, rules and
- Identifies individuals in alignment with the Member/Customer
Identification Program, and reporting of unusual activity.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two
or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Experience in a financial institution/credit union, a plus.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of members, employees of
organization, and the general public.
- Ability to use loan origination systems, contact management
software, and other Microsoft Office application products, as well
as the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Requires general knowledge of computer network and database
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong
interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a
professional presentation, and a high degree of personal
- Must be able to work branch operational hours to include
weekends, and to work occasional nights or weekends.University and
State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: USE Credit Union, San Diego , Operations Supervisor, Other , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!