Staff UX Visual Designer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 14, 2020
About the Job:
Illumina Experience Design (XD) is seeking a talented UX Visual
Designer to join our growing team of user experience designers as
we build best-in-class customer experiences across all Illumina
software offerings. You will have the opportunity to blend business
strategy and creative design to drive the future state of our
product's form and behavior in collaboration with the leadership
team, design leads, and product teams. You will work alongside our
brand team to translate the Illumina brand into the core product
design experience enriching products through brand expression and a
coherent experience across product touchpoints. You will own the
creation of visually compelling UI screens, graphics,
illustrations, design documentation and presentations to meet
business needs and delight the audience.
All About You
- Design and generate compelling visual concepts for digital UI,
labeling, video storytelling, motion design and brand
- Design and style beautiful, useful, and usable icons.
- Design attractive functional presentations, assets and slides
that can wow the audience.
- Collaborate closely with product designers, human factors
specialists, user researchers, interaction designers, engineers,
product managers and brand specialists to create compelling
solutions that respond to unmet user needs.
- Develop and organize detailed visual designs, written visual
specifications with skill and efficacy for design project
- Communicate design ideas through strong ideation, sketching and
- Create beautiful visuals and design briefs to convey design
solutions to leadership and product teams.
- Bring a creative eye and craftsmanship in brand and
communications design to the product teams.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements,
documentation and presentations.
- Demonstrate and promote the importance of good design and brand
- Successfully advocate for appropriate design solutions across
disciplines and stakeholders.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential
functions to this position; however, business conditions may
require reasonable accommodations for additional task and
- Master of Arts in Multimedia, Experiential Graphic Design, Fine
Arts or equivalent degree or professional experience.
- 7+ years of recent and relevant UX Visual Design
- Experience working at a design consultancy or agency is
- Demonstrated experience working across a variety of digital
mediums from creating compelling UI screens for desktop, web, and
mobile, to creating animations, videos, and presentations that
bring innovative concepts to life.
- Solid experience in video storytelling, icon and labeling
- Proven experience and understanding of the value of color,
typography, iconography and motion as it applies to digital product
- Solid understanding of how to establish scale and contrast,
balance and visual hierarchy across a design.
- Experience designing for accessibility and familiarity with
Section 508 and WCAG standards.
- Advanced ideation skills, design thinking and a solution-based
user experience perspective.
- Fluency in an array of design and animation tools such as
Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluency in the human-centered design process from qualitative
research and synthesis to ideation, prototyping, and
- Design research experience and interaction design capabilities
are a plus.
- Knowledge of the product development process and ability to
communicate well with engineering teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present to the executive leadership team.
- Background working for Medical devices, Life Science, or
Healthcare Industries is a plus.
- Must have a diverse portfolio that showcases a thoughtful
creative process covering a range of mediums, UI design, icons and
illustrations, labeling, video and motion design.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact,
and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed,
color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status,
age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or
veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic
information.Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make
an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex,
race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic
partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation,
pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and
genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the
application or interview process, please contact
email@example.com. To learn more, visit:
Keywords: Illumina, San Diego , Staff UX Visual Designer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!