Real Estate Loan Processor
Company: USE Credit Union
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 14, 2020
USE Credit UnionJob ID 2Job Locations US-CA-San DiegoCategory
Real EstateType Regular Full-TimeMore information about this
Are you Service-Driven and Detail Oriented? Do you thrive in a
fast-paced environment? USE's Real Estate Department is the perfect
place for you! As a Real Estate Loan Processor, you'll have the
chance to create an effortless member expereince and help members
achieve their dreams. Become part of a team that is key in
delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it
- Process 1st and 2nd Trust Deed loan applications according to
credit union and secondary marketing lending standards; along with
state and federal regulations.
- Proficiently maintain a loan pipeline of an average of 30 loans
per month. Of the average pipeline, a minimum of 50% of the
pipeline should fund monthly.
- Knowledge of RESPA and TRID guidelines.
- Proficient with credit union's conventional and
non-conventional loan products.
- Prepares revised Loan Estimates (LE) and ensures accurate
accounting of all fees.
- Ordering and obtaining all required loan documentation from
borrowers to satisfy underwriting findings compiling the loan file
in accordance with credit union and FNMA guidelines. This is be
managed by working directly with loan officer, and or direct member
- Request and review various file components including flood
notification, credit report supplements, deposit statements, income
verification and demands.
- Review the preliminary title report, escrow instructions and
purchase contracts within LOS.
- Work with escrow and title companies to secure clear title and
vesting on behalf of the lender. Order appropriate title policy
endorsements, as applicable.
- Ability to read loan level price adjustments, rate sheets and
determine correct rate, points and add-ons when applicable.
- Update borrowers, agents, and mortgage loan officers with loan
status as stated in departments SLA.
- Review all types of income verification to include: wage
earners, paystubs, Schedule C, corporate and rental income,
- Determine salability of loans to secondary market
- Ensure loan applications adhere to property type, occupancy,
loan to value and loan amount guideline established by FNMA, USE
Credit Union and secondary market guideline.
- Render credit decisions in a fair and impartial manner to the
best of his or her ability.
- Review and all appraisal reports, to ensure reports meet all
conventional secondary market requirements. Submit all appraisal
reports through FNMA Collateral Underwriter (CU) and Uniform
Collateral Data Portal (UCDP).
- Maintain strong working knowledge of current investor
underwriting requirements, to include Fannie Mae, mortgage
insurance companies, and other investors as business is
- Perform processing tasks within the assigned service level
agreements for position.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with team
members and retail network.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University;
and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent (last five years is considered
recent) experience processing conventional mortgages with a direct
lender, mortgage insurance company or mortgage broker. Conventional
full document processing a plus.
- Must have excellent communications skills (verbal & written)
and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in order to build
relationships with a diverse multi-tier client base and be able to
interact with other departments and vendors in a professional
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions proportions, percentages, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem solving
skills with the ability to make quick accurate decisions with
limited information. Must be a self-starter and be able to manage
time while working independently.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess applicable
technology skills and demonstrated expertise.
- Keyboarding skills of 35 words per minute, along with
experience with Windows based loan origination system (Point,
Encompass, and D+ H), and Loan Document Preparation Systems
(DocMagic). Experience with Microsoft office applications (excel
and word), as well as the ability to learn new applications
quickly; requires general knowledge of network and database
- All Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) must be actively registered
with the National Mortgage Licensing Service (NMLS). Must renew and
pass annually to maintain active status.
- California Real Estate License or government certificate
program desirable.University and State Employees Credit Union is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: USE Credit Union, San Diego , Real Estate Loan Processor, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!