Staff Modelling Scientist
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 15, 2020
We are looking for an expert multiphysics modeller with strong
track record of describing and predicting behavior of nucleic acids
and their molecular interactions to join Illumina Product
Development as a Staff Scientist, based in San Diego.
As a Staff Scientist in Illumina's Product Development
organization, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary
research team to model new and existing DNA sequencing approaches.
You will play an important role in the research and design of new
sequencing platforms at the cutting edge of DNA sequencing
technology and applications.
- Design, implement, analyze and present computer simulation
experiments which demonstrate feasibility aspects of new sequencing
- Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a
collaborative team member.
- Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues
(cross-functional) and supervisors through oral updates, written
reports and technical meetings.
- Participate in the planning and analysis of laboratory
experiments to develop novel sequencing approaches, with defined
goals and time frames.
- Participate in multi disciplinary projects and interact with
engineers, chemists, and protein scientists, to deliver molecular
constructs with desired properties.
- Interpret and analyze experimental results in order to guide
modelling efforts; write reports and present results and project
assessments to Senior Management.
- Proven track record in innovation, scientific creativity and
scientific output in molecular modelling of biological polymers and
- Expert user of modern molecular modelling software and
- Expert in modelling interactions of natural and modified
nucleic acids, polymerases, and other synthetic and
- Familiarity with modern software engineering practices (source
control, unit testing, etc. )
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong team player with proven collaboration, innovation, and
openness character traits.
- Attention to detail.
- A self-starter, positive, and driven with a "can do"
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this
position; however, business conditions may require reasonable
accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry, biochemistry or materials
science with 5+ years of postdoctoral or industrial experience.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact,
and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed,
color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status,
age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or
veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you
require accommodation to complete the application or interview
process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more,
Keywords: Illumina, San Diego , Staff Modelling Scientist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!