Real Estate Underwriter
Company: USE Credit Union
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 17, 2020
USE Credit UnionJob ID 2Job Locations US-CA-San DiegoCategory
Real EstateType Regular Full-TimeMore information about this
Are you Service-Driven and Detail Oriented? Do you thrive in a
fast-paced environment? USE's Real Estate Department is the perfect
place for you! As a Real Estate Underwriter, you'll have the chance
to create an effortless member expereince and help members achieve
their dreams. Become part of a team that is key in delivering
extraordinary experiences. Do you have what it takes?
- Underwrite real estate (1st and 2nd Trust Deed) loan
applications according to credit union and secondary marketing
lending standards; along with state and federal regulations.
- Proficiently maintain an underwriting pipeline of an average of
25-30 loans per month. Of this average pipeline, a minimum of 50%
of the pipeline should fund monthly.
- Knowledge of RESPA and TRID guidelines.
- Proficient with credit union's conventional and
non-conventional loan products
Ensure completeness and accuracy of all loans prior to loan moving
to closing for final document preparation.
- Verify all required loan documentation to satisfy underwriting
findings in accordance with credit union, FNMA and secondary market
- Review and approve various file components including flood,
credit report supplements, deposit statements, income verification
- Review and approve preliminary title report, escrow
instructions and purchase contracts.
Verify and approve all loan level price adjustments.
- Review, and approve all types of income verification to
include: wage earners, paystubs, Schedule C, corporate and rental
- Approve loan salability for secondary market investors.
Ensure loan approvals adhere to property type, occupancy, loan to
value and loan amount guideline established by FNMA, USE Credit
Union and secondary market guidelines.
- Must also be able to understand the levels of risk associated
with mortgage loans, and be able to restructure loan applications
as needed to reduce risk to credit union.
- Render credit decisions in a fair and impartial manner to the
best of his or her ability.
- Review, Approve and Perform in depth analysis of all appraisal
reports, to ensure reports meet all conventional secondary market
- Maintain strong working knowledge of current investor
underwriting requirements, to include Fannie Mae, mortgage
insurance companies, and other investors as business is
- Perform underwriting tasks within the assigned service level
agreements for position.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with team
members and retail network.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University;
or equivalent experience related to job experience.
- Minimum 5 years recent experience underwriting conventional
mortgages with a direct lender, mortgage insurance company or
- Conventional full document underwriter required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job, the employee must possess applicable
technology skills and demonstrated expertise. Possess applicable
technology skills and demonstrated competency.
- Keyboarding skills of 35 words per minute, along with
experience with Windows based loan origination system (Point,
Encompass, and D+ H), and Loan Document Preparation Systems
- Experience with Microsoft office applications (excel and word),
as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly; requires
general knowledge of network and database use.
- Completion of registration with the NMLS (National Mortgage
Licensing Registry) including a satisfactory result from a Federal
- Level background check is required.
- California Real Estate License or government certificate
- To perform this job, the employee must possess strong
interpersonal skills, good phone and e-mail etiquette, a
professional presentation, and a high degree of personal
- They must exhibit the following characteristics: honesty,
integrity, stress tolerance, adaptability, patience, initiative,
persuasiveness, resilience and enthusiasm. They must be goal driven
and results focused.University and State Employees Credit Union is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: USE Credit Union, San Diego , Real Estate Underwriter, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!