Senior software engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 18, 2020
DescriptionHumana is a Fortune 60 market leader in integrated
healthcare whose dream is to help people achieve lifelong
well-being. As a company focused on the health and well-being of
the people we serve, Humana starts from within, and is committed to
providing progressive benefits that advance the employment
experience and vitality of the associate community. Through
offerings anchored in a whole-person view of human well-being,
Humana embraces a focus on stimulating positive individual and
population changes while nurturing a sense of security, enabling
people to live life fully and be their most productive.
Our Digital Health & Analytics (DH&A) team is building a world
class Data Science and Insights enterprise capability that
leverages digital-first platforms, analytics, and agile development
methodologies. Through the strategic interpretation of data, we
provide our consumers physicians, patients, and other members of
the care team with meaningful insights about the choices they make
and help them lead their best lives. We re passionate about
combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new,
actionable discoveries about our members and their health-related
behaviors. We are looking for driven, innovative people who are
interested in using their clinical and analytical skills to help
our consumers achieve lifelong well-being and to help Humana make
lasting, positive changes in the healthcare industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Humana you will contribute to
meaningful projects, interact with other team members, be exposed
to DH&A s business operations and work cross functionally with
other departments. .Responsibilities
- Be part of the development team to build next generation of
clinical rule engine.
- Build automated testing.
- Enhance clinical rule language to achieve both simplicity and
- Understand and build upon the functionality requirements from
clinical rule authors and other stakeholders.
- Explore and become an expert on the claim data consumed by the
- Gain deep understanding of different types of clinical rules
and complexity of clinical quality measures
- Explore and run POC of the Azure services to scale the engine
- Perform code review
- Review peers' feedback and makes necessary adjustments and/or
recommendations to resolve complex software related issues.
- Coach junior software developer by advocating for best
- Work closely with product, data platform and solution delivery
teams. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in an object-oriented language such as
- Strong background REST web services, Spring Framework, XML,
JMS, (JDBC, SQL) and performance tuning.
- Expertise in building secure, scalable, enterprise systems
- Expertise in cloud technologies and distributed computing
- Experience in large data management with Spark
- Experience with microservice based architecture
- Experience with SQL and relational database
- Experience with no-SQL database
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong experience with database schema design and query
- Deep understanding of software development and testing life
- Experience in DevOps and/or continuous deployment and/or
integration process and tools (Jenkins, Jira)
- Experience troubleshooting production issues
- Passionate about contributing to an organization focused on
continuously improving consumer experiences
- Strong communication skillsPreferred Qualifications
- Experience in healthcare IT environment is preferred.
- Strong background in Azure cloud servicesAdditional
InformationScheduled Weekly Hours40 Associated topics: application
architect, application developer, backend, back end, c, develop,
devops, maven, perl, senior software engineer
Keywords: Humana, San Diego , Senior software engineer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!