Company: Broadcom Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Do you enjoy analyzing data? Creating products that solve
real-world problems and taking them into production? Working with
colleagues to find novel ways to approach difficult problems in
This position is to work in the FinTech area of Broadcom. Our
division provides electronic payments and banking solutions in SaaS
using AI/ML to determine risk.
We are looking for people with graduate degrees (MS or PhD) in an
analytical field, e.g., Physics, Statistics, Electrical
Engineering, Computer Science, Oceanography, Applied Mathematics,
Data Science. You should understand how to apply mathematics to
real-world problems, including linear algebra, vector calculus,
We are looking for people who:
* Have strong scientific coding aptitude efficient code that is
numerically stable and of production quality.
* Are strong analytical thinkers, including reasoning through
probabilities and statistics, as well as delving into detailed
deterministic thinking and using individual examples
* Can learn new business domains, understanding the context for the
* Can learn and apply machine learning and AI techniques to new
domains, with a focus on client needs
* Have interest in working from start to finish: gather data, clean
and prepare, model, code, package, guide into production, and help
clients use the results.
* Enjoy working with data.
* Can communicate complex and sophisticated ideas to people without
* Enjoy working in a team environment
You will be responsible for:
* Working on problems in the fintech area, including online
payments, banking, and other areas
* Working on a team under the leadership of other Data
* Communicating with clients, internal and external, to understand
the business problems that we can solve using machine learning and
* Analyzing and understanding data from different domains,
including data cleansing and detailed analysis of relationships
* Developing supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement models in
* Coding models for production, with particular attention to
efficient use of computational resources and robustness of the
* Working with Software Engineers and SaaS Operations to package
and deploy the models
* Monitoring the models to ensure that they are working properly,
and generalizing to new data
* Working with clients to ensure that they are using the results of
the models effectively.
Skills needed include: excellent written and verbal communications,
and presentation skills.
Languages needed include a subset of: Python, C++, Unix scripting,
SAS, PySpark, Scala, Perl, C
Strong command of Unix is preferred.
Experience (Data Scientist): Fresh Graduate degree holders are
welcome to apply. Industry experience greatly appreciated.
BROADCOM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE WILL
CONSIDER QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, CREED,
RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL
ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, DISABILITY STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION,
PREGNANCY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC
PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW. WE WILL ALSO CONSIDER
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH ARREST AND CONVICTION RECORDS CONSISTENT
WITH LOCAL LAW.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME
ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
Keywords: Broadcom Inc., San Diego , Data Scientist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!