Company: USE Credit Union
Location: La Jolla
Posted on: November 22, 2020
USE Credit UnionJob ID 2Job Locations US-CA-La JollaCategory
Retail (Branches)Type Regular Full-TimeMore information about this
Are you Service-Driven and Relationship-Focused? USE's branches are
the perfect place for you! As a Relationship Officer, you'll have
the chance to empower members to gain better control of their
finances and help them achieve their dreams. Become part of a team
that is key in delivering extraordinary experiences. Do you have
what it takes?
- Attain sales goals; identify, acquire and grow new and existing
consumer relationships, including deposit and loan portfolio. Must
meet production volume as designated.
- Utilize the Deep Dive to meet each member's perceived and
unperceived financial needs.
- Initiate and participate in business development including
proactive activities such as canvassing, CAP/SEG (Community
Affiliated Partner/Select Employee Group) development and
- Initiate proactive outbound calls Including internal lists and
- Establish new memberships, checking, savings accounts, term
investments, IRAs, insurance products, consumer loans and other
products and services, such as Online Banking, etc.
- Perform appropriate on-boarding activities for all new and
existing members including follow-up calls.
- Perform a variety of file maintenance duties, including but not
limited to: adding owners/signers, updating personal information,
adding additional products, decedent accounts, trust
certifications, and POAs as requested by members.
- Initiate consumer loan applications using various loan
origination systems and assists member in choosing the right loan
programs for the member's own personal financial situation.
- Coordinate the application process between the member, third
parties and internal loan operations group, ensuring extra-ordinary
service for the member.
- Communicate status to all parties during the loan process,
guides the loan to a smooth closing.
- Manage loan queues, including timely and proactive follow-up on
approved loans, meeting targeted loan closing ratios and other
product cross-sell ratios, keeping loan conversation logs current,
and closing loan files with appropriate explanations for loan
- Maintain reporting for all loan leads, applications and
fundings as directed by management including pipeline reports.
- Cross-sell all products and services to meet member needs and
achieve strategic objectives, cross-sell ratios, and member
- Initiate and maintain strong referral relationships with
members and outside contacts and helps achieve new business
- Initiate referrals and constantly prospects for new referral
relationships and new members.
- Maintain the required knowledge of products, services, policies
and procedures, laws and regulations and other compliance
requirements that pertain to the deposit and lending
- Assist team members to ensure continuity of service and
achievement of individual, team and organizational business
- Adhere to Mystery Shop Standard Guidelines. Utilizes skills
from Creating Member Loyalty Training and other programs as
directed by management.
- Protect the credit union member assets by identifying all
members when transacting business and giving information, adhering
to security and privacy practices.
- Be member focused and model the following attributes:
leadership, service excellence, cultural attributes, commitments,
and align responsibilities with the company's core strategy,
strategic objectives, brand promise, vision and value
- In accordance with approved credit union objectives and
guidelines, is specifically responsible for meeting performance
metrics, including branch growth and profitability projections and
- Position may require some supervisory responsibilities on an
exception basis with prior approval from VP of Retail Delivery in
the absence of a manager. This may include opening/closing
procedures as well as override authority within assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 or
more years of experience in originating consumer loans preferred
and three to five years related banking positions or equivalent;
sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret common and technical
procedures, financial reports and legal documents. The Ability to
respond to common and intricate inquires or complaints from
members, regulatory agencies or members of the business
- Experience with creating and writing reports, correspondence
and presentations that effectively present information to staff,
top management, public groups and Credit Union members.
- The ability to use loan origination systems, contact management
software, and other Microsoft Office application products, as well
as the ability to learn new applications quickly. Requires general
knowledge of computer network and database use.
- Valid California driver's license required.
- All Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) must be actively registered
with the National Mortgage Licensing Service (NMLS). Must renew and
pass annually to maintain active status.
- Must be able to work branch operational hours to include
weekends, and to work occasional nights or weekends. University and
State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: USE Credit Union, San Diego , Relationship Officer, Other , La Jolla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!