QC Inspector 1
Company: Dexcom Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through
innovative-- continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) -- systems.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a
leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of
users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves
diabetes management around the world. Functional Description:
Support Individual Contributor Performs inspections, checks testing
and sampling procedures for product manufacturing processes.
Carries out packaging line, manufacturing inspections and sampling
and testing of incoming components and raw materials to ensure that
company standards are met. Monitors critical equipment and
instrumentation. May draft procedures and assist with validating or
troubleshooting testing methods, including assays. May apply
approval or rejection labels to bulk raw materials once analytical
data is evaluated.
- Responsible for scanning, uploading and archiving of Receiving
Inspection Reports on a daily basis for the entire department.
- Responsible for visual and/or dimensional QC inspection and/or
testing of incoming quarantined materials, inspection of in-process
materials, labeling, and final commercial product.
- Responsible for quarantine storage of materials and accurate
inventory transactions within the MRP system.--
- Responsible for accurately recording inspection results and
maintaining good documentation practices.
- Utilizes basic computer skills to perform computer transactions
related to inspection activities.
- Assumes and performs other duties as assigned Required
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above and below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of six months QC inspection experience, preferably in a
GMP regulated medical device manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of basic visual and dimensional inspection
- Ability to follow written procedures and take direction from
supervisor and/or other designated personnel in execution of QC
- Demonstrates basic computer skills and performs basic computer
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and attention to
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work flexible hours; including possible rotating
schedules that may include early morning or evening hours, holidays
and weekends. Overtime may be required and may be mandatory at
times. Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires 0-2 years of related experience and a High
school diploma/certificate or equivalent. Travel Required:--
- Up to 25% Functional/Business Knowledge:
- Basic understanding of general job aspects and limited
understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- Acquires job skills and learns the policies and procedures
required to complete routine tasks. Scope:
- Work at this level requires following standardized, routine
methods, under immediate supervision.
- Assignments are routine in nature and expectation is to follow
pre-established guidelines and procedures.
- Contacts are mostly within own team and immediate supervisor.
- Little responsibility for decisions as to method or selection
- Receives detailed instructions on routine work and new
assignments. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an
individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact Talent Acquisition email@example.com .-- To
all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for
individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized--staffing and
recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles,
applications or resumes on specific requisitions.--Dexcom does not
accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do
not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team,--Dexcom
employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible
for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications. Get
Matched Upload Your Resume To See How Well You Match To This Job.
Match Unknown Other Similar Jobs Manufacturing Technician 1 - 2nd
Shift (Sun - Tues/ every other Wed) Manufacturing & Production
Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing & Production QA Inspector
1-2nd shift,Thurs,Fri, Sat Quality Assurance Experienced Material
Handlers Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing & Production
Manufacturing Technician 2 -2nd Shift Manufacturing & Production
Operations Quality Assurance Recommended Videos for you Dexcom -
Learn More About Us - YouTube Working at Dexcom - Dexcom Careers -
YouTube What does it mean to be a Dexcom Warrior? - YouTube Why
Apple And Google Are Working On Diabetes Tech - YouTube Warrior
Mashup video - YouTube Dexcom Warrior & Olympic Skier Kris Freeman
Shares his Personal Diabetes Story - YouTube Dexcom empowers people
to take control of diabetes. We focus on enabling better outcomes
for patients, caregivers and clinicians by delivering solutions
that are best in class-defined as being dependable, simple and
essential to taking control of diabetes. We are committed to
revolutionizing diabetes care by seeking out and solving the needs
of our employees, collaborators and community. Listen Comprehend
the needs of people affected by diabetes. Serve with integrity Act
in the best interest of our community. Think big Use technology to
revolutionize diabetes care. Inspire confidence within our
community and in one another. Jordan Morris The Dexcom Continuous
glucose monitoring (CGM) System helps Jordan eliminate surprise
highs or lows when he's about to go out on the field.
Keywords: Dexcom Inc., San Diego , QC Inspector 1, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!