Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Hiring Now for Production Supervisor on 2nd shift ONLY!This is a
permanent post with no contract involved. Description:
- Supervises operations and production in the assigned areas to
ensure the safe, timely, and quality completion of all production
work by effectively utilizing people, equipment, and material.
- Ensures that employees and teams follow SOP's with 100%
conformance and high overall quality levels (quality of a product
or department work) and on-time delivery schedules are
- Supervises employee activities including the evaluation and
overall performance management, training and development,
initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve goals
and effective communication with associates.
- Maintains safe working conditions in assigned area by
continually working on safety awareness with associates and
enforcing safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet
production/department schedules and goals.
- Makes recommendations to improve production methods, equipment
performance, overall work quality, working conditions, and use of
- Coordinates time and production records and ensures that job
assignments and work are set up for employees in the
- Coordinates maintenance activities with department requirements
- Actively participates with the entire Operation Team to support
and implement initiatives.
- Assists employees with diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and
equipment and alerts maintenance and management of problems with
- Assures the accurate and timely reporting of various records
which may including time sheets, production reports, rework
reports, check sheets, employee job transfers, etc.
- Communicates with other supervisors or managers as needed to
coordinate activities of respective departments or areas.
- Develops high performing work teams and appropriate performance
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications Needed:
- Two to three years' supervisory experience in a high-volume,
low automation assembly or light manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies and techniques
- Management experience for staff levels between 10-20
- Demonstrated ability to develop SOP's and ensures compliance to
achieve top tier performance management.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct the work of
others, and delegate as needed.
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Excel to complete data analysis and
generate graphical output for management.
- Ability to establish and maintain a work environment/climate of
mutual respect, safety and cleanliness.
- Ability to successfully complete basic supervision course work
and to utilize principles of the training.Salary: $52,000-$65,000
depending on experience About Aerotek:We know that a company's
success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, San Diego , Production Supervisor, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!