Company: Emergent BioSolutions Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
By clicking the Accept button, you agree to us doing so.
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
protect life. Position Summary The position will report to the Sr.
Scientist of the Product Development (PD) department in San Diego.
This position will be focused on the support of analytical assay
work to screen stable vaccine formulation and develop formulation
process to manufacture vaccine drug product in liquid or powder
dosage form. Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations will be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Provide Liquid and Powder formulation analytical support
- Participate in development work and provide analytical support
for the vaccine formulation development and fill-finish process.
Key example includes but not limited to ELISA, PCR, TCID50, UV-Vis,
- Develop and optimize lyophilization cycles that are
well-documented and easily scaled-up
- Pharmacy manual preparation for clinical studies
- Organize development stability study and perform the sample
- Use professional concepts, company policies, and procedures
(SOPs) to complete routine assignments by performing scientific
functions in collaboration with others.
- Make detailed observations, consistently analyze data and
interpret results to make scientifically valid conclusions
- Review data obtained for compliance to specifications and
- Write and revises standard operating procedures (SOP),
development protocols and other related documentation.
- Troubleshoot and optimize development protocols when
- Document laboratory work consistent with company
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with
standard laboratory practice and safety procedures
- Work productively with other team members as well as on
- Train and provide assistance to junior staff Minimum Education,
Experience and Skills
- 4-6 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry and
knowledge of oral solid dosage form and liquid dosage forms.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree. BS degree in chemistry,
biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmaceutical development or a
related field is preferred.
- Understanding of protein/biomolecule's biophysical properties
- Experience with protein/formulation characterization assay such
as including DLS, pH, Osmolality, Moisture content, Disintegration,
UV-Vis, Intrinsic Fluorescence measurement, HPLC
- Experienced with aseptic techniques, maintenance of mammalian
cell lines and cell-based assay
- Design, execute and interpret experiments with a high degree of
reliability and independence is preferred
- High capability of multitasking and handling multiple projects
at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Good aseptic techniques
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members
- Strong trouble shooting and data analysis skills
- Handling experience of Virus like particle (VLP), live
attenuated virus and Bacterial formulation is a plus
- Experience with lyophilization development is recommended but
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment (DoE) and statistical
analysis tools is a plus There are physical/mental demands and work
environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This
information is available upon request from the candidate.--
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform all essential functions.
-- Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental
disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information
or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
-- Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
-- Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
submitting agency. ABOUT EMERGENT Protecting and Enhancing 1
billion lives by 2030 focuses our energy to improve the quality of
life for individuals around the world, giving them the opportunity
to experience the fullness of life. Our drive towards this vision
informs all of our actions-whether it is our approach to product
development, manufacturing, encouraging employee health and
wellness or giving back to the community-we strive every day to
achieve this shared goal. WE BELIEVE IN OUR VALUES
- Stand shoulder to shoulder no matter what
- We combine our best thinking and communicate openly to support
- Break through thinking
- We take smart risks, pursue innovation and challenge ourselves
to constantly improve.
- Own it always
- Every person at Emergent is engaged and accountable for
delivering on our commitments.
- Compete where it counts
- We set the right goals and respect each other as we conquer
Keywords: Emergent BioSolutions Inc, San Diego , Principal Associate, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!