Company: National Community Renaissance
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefits
package! National Community Renaissance (National CORE) is one of
the nation's largest and most respected affordable housing
developers and operators. With our social services provider, the
Hope Through Housing Foundation (Hope) is committed to breaking the
cycle of generational poverty by implementing high-quality social
services for low-income families and seniors living within and
around National CORE's affordable housing developments throughout
California, Texas, Arkansas, and Florida. We seek passionate,
hardworking team members who are committed to transforming lives
and communities. Together, we deliver Hope, Opportunity,
Prosperity, and Empowerment to thousands of youth, adults, and
seniors each year. National Community Renaissance offers a
comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision,
401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays,
vacation, and sick time. About the Job: Hope Services Coordinators
are responsible for developing, implementing, and managing
high-quality programs and activities aimed at improving the
financial stability, economic mobility, and physical and mental
health of our residents and those surrounding National CORE
properties. The Services Coordinator will utilize prevention,
intervention, and referrals in the social service areas of early
childhood education, after school care services and programs, youth
and young adult development, financial education, workforce
development, community building, and health and wellness. The
Services Coordinator works closely with onsite Property Management
staff and serves as a community ambassador, developing partnerships
that expand Hope's impact. The Services Coordinator maintains a
direct reporting relationship with an assigned Hope Through Housing
Regional Director. RESPONSIBILITIES The Services Coordinator will
coordinate programs operated by service partners and will provide
direct services for residents, their families, and their
- Identify resident needs, develop individualized property
service plans, and deliver quality services for residents both
directly and through service partnerships.
- Provide resident connection to community resources and referral
opportunities, in accordance to resident surveys.
- Develop an onsite mechanism to facilitate resident connection
to community service agency resources and referrals, including
personnel of community service providers, educational opportunities
and support groups.
- Maintain regular communication with external relations
regarding new service partners and evaluation of service delivery
- Access partner and service provider database provided by
External Relations to schedule appropriate services.
- Provide support for local, and/or grassroots efforts promoting
health and wellness.
- Ensure service providers develop a site program schedule for
residents with access to a variety of recreational, educational,
and enrichment activities in support of resident needs.
- Serve as community ambassador, developing relationships
resulting in in-kind service/product donations and financial
- Manage and monitor assigned property services budget including
payroll, supplies, vendors, and fundraising.
- Manage and maintain a harmonious relationship with site staff
- Maintain client resident services files and database of
resident contact referrals and engagement in order to identify
trends, patterns, needs, opportunities, and outcomes of services
including documentation and certifications.
- Provide regular reports of activities and events and maintain
- Provide/oversee After School Care Services and Programs.
- Provision of age appropriate activities and events for
participants, coordinate activities to meet the developmental needs
and interests of all children.
- Ensure service providers are consistent with required
supervision of all children, and ensure their guidance and safety
during all recreational and sports activities.
- Ensure service providers complete and update records on all
- Deliver Financial Literacy and Economic Mobility
- Provide residents with opportunities for enhanced vocational
and soft skills training including but not limited to resume
writing, job search techniques, computer literacy, etc.
- Workforce Development Assist residents with community referrals
for adult education, including but not limited to ESL, GED
- Community Building - Develop and implement a plan to provide
social events and community engagement opportunities to increase
- Health and Wellness - In collaboration with External Relations
establish and develop relationships with health care providers and
community based organizations to provide onsite health education
classes focusing on prevention and wellness management.
- Must attend Company sponsored events that relate to the
development of the team, which, from time to time, may include
overnight stays at locations away from the employee's home. SKILLS
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other
HOPE staff, National CORE staff, public officials, private sector
officials, parents, and community leaders.
- Must have a sincere interest in working with children, youth
and the aging population.
- Ability to meet the needs of a diverse, low-income
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity
- Excellent organizational and document management skills.
- Familiarity with basic computer software programs and ability
- Fluency in a language in addition to English is preferred.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in education, public health, social work or
related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working in a social service, education
or related field providing case management services. PHYSICAL
- Exposure to various types of weather conditions.
- Sitting, walking
- May include lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Operate computer and office equipment.
- Ability to pass TB skin test and background check. National
Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer. Apply Now
with our quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are Required What is
your full name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone
Number Number Type What is your preferred method of
Keywords: National Community Renaissance, San Diego , Services Coordinator, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!