Teaching Learning Strategist
Company: National University
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
With general guidance, provide vision and management for online
faculty development, including determining appropriate support,
resources, programming and training opportunities to facilitate
faculty professional growth at National University (NU) and its
Affiliates. Delivers continuous improvement through a diverse range
of faculty development programs designed to support online teaching
and learning. Lead faculty to champion pedagogically sound and
successful use of technology for online instruction through faculty
training and development, instructional support and administration
of key services. Facilitates projects related to University-wide
initiatives sustaining teaching, learning, technology and student
success. Contributes to an environment of innovation, collaboration
and teaching excellence with a genuine interest in appropriately
communicating principles of applicable instruction to educators
with a wide range of technical skills. Essential Functions:
- Provides strategic vision and leadership for online faculty
development, as well as, professional development for learning
technologies by designing, implementing and assessing comprehensive
programs for faculty development and educational
- Partners closely with faculty, administrators and staff to
design, implement and evaluate programs serving a diverse faculty
across NU including learning pedagogy, technology integration and
professional development for faculty teaching online courses.
- Imparts leadership to faculty in the development and
implementation of a variety of pedagogical techniques to support
the development and coordination of instructional strategies such
as Team-Based Learning, Problem-Based Learning, Universal Design
for Learning, andragogy, facilitation of student engagement and
other active learning techniques.
- Builds a diverse portfolio of workshops and programs for online
faculty, ranging from workshops, series, seminars, just-in-time
training, online interactive tools, videos, self- paced interactive
eLearning modules and events relevant to online teaching.
- Designs instructional materials such as online courses,
e-Learning modules, job aids, video aids, webinars, lesson plans,
course checklists and facilitation guides. Essential Functions
- Curates and disseminates outside professional resources and
articles to faculty on a regular basis.
- Conducts marketing and outreach to publicize events and
services using email invitations and follow-ups with brainteasers,
graphic design collateral and website registration.
- Sustains professional development website and Organization in
Blackboard with event calendar, announcements and online teaching
resources including an active calendar of faculty development
activities and events.
- Develops communication strategies and email campaigns to
promote best practices, tips of the day, research findings, faculty
case studies and trends.
- Facilitates faculty development programs including workshops,
webinars, conferences, seminars, guest speakers and training
- Plans, directs and manages all projects and events for faculty
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsi bilities: N/A
Requirements: Education & Experience
- Master's degree in Education, Instructional Design Education
Technology, Adult Literacy, Curriculum & Instruction or related
field, required; and, three (3) years' experience in the
development and facilitation of training and/or professional
development in higher education or corporate setting, required;
- Online teaching at a post-secondary level, required; to
- Two (2) years' experience with online course creation and
hosting platforms such as Blackboard, Canvas, or Moodle with strong
project management skills; or, equivalent combination of education
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the Business
Unit, Department and University to work toward a common goal.
- Actively seeks opportunities to influence, build effective
relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners
and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution
for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect
towards others, the company and oneself.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional
approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and
implements new or cutting-edge programs and processes. Ability to
generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that
generate successful outcomes.
- Expert knowledge and awareness of trends, methods and
technological advances in the industry and profession. Solid
experience in academic planning, assessment, accreditation and
certification, preferred. Knowledge and experience working in adult
education in the academic and training environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying
instructional design and technology principles, processes and best
practices in implementing faculty development events and activities
in a higher education setting.
- Excellent project management skill, with the ability to set and
fulfill priorities with demonstrated strong time management
- Knowledge of current research, learning theory, best practices,
and standards of excellence in providing professional development
and education to adult learners and college faculty.
- Ability to conduct research through a variety of methods.
Strong organizational abilities with strong attention to detail,
follow-up and follow-through as well as project management
- Demonstrated ability to plan and facilitate interactive
synchronous and asynchronous training and webinars.
- Expert level of digital literacy & fluency, including the
ability to adopt new technologies and learn new tools quickly.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to
professional personnel in support of eLearning technologies, online
pedagogy and skill development is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and consultative skills with
ability to work successfully with a wide range of individual of
constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to communicate
successfully both orally and in writing.
- Communicates effectively, listens sensitively, adapts
communication to audience and fosters effective communication with
others. Demonstrates the ability to be consistently open, honest
and candid when communicating with others.
- Ability to provide excellent positive customer service across
an organizational structure and ability to handle sensitive and
confidential information with tact and discretion. Ability to
prioritize time-critical assignments.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a
large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a
fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as
Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and software used in Learning
Management Systems (LMS). Strong knowledge of internet terms,
technologies and protocols. Physical Demands/Environment: Sedentary
work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to
have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing
and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The
work is performed in an office environment. Travel: Limited travel
may be necessary. Who referred you to this position? Enter their
first and last name here. What's your citizenship / employment
eligibility?* LinkedIn Profile URL: Desired salary* The following
questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal
Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting
regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter
this personal data. This information will not be used in connection
with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted
by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be
appreciated. Learn more . Invitation for Job Applicants to
Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
- A "disabled veteran" is one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service
who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of
military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws
administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty
because of a service-connected disability.
- A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the
three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge
or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or
- An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a
veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground,
naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition
for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws
administered by the Department of Defense.
- An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who,
while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or
air service, participated in a United States military operation for
which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to
Executive Order 12985. I IDENTIFY AS ONE OR MORE OF THE
CLASSIFICATIONS OF PROTECTED VETERAN LISTED ABOVE
I AM NOT A PROTECTED VETERAN
I DON'T WISH TO ANSWER Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 5/31/2023 Why are you being asked to complete this form? We
are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to
provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with
disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward
having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with
disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if
they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a
person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees
to update their information at least every five years. Identifying
yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we
hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained
confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone
else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form
will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether
you have self-identified in the past. For more information about
this form or the equal employment obligations of federal
contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the
U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance
Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp . How do you know if
you have a disability? You are considered to have a disability if
you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that
substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a
history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia,
rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn's Disease, or
irritable bowel syndrome
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches,
Parkinson's disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder,
schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression Please check one of the
boxes below: YES, I HAVE A DISABILITY, OR HAVE A HISTORY/RECORD OF
HAVING A DISABILITY NO, I DON'T HAVE A DISABILITY, OR A
HISTORY/RECORD OF HAVING A DISABILITY I DON'T WISH TO ANSWER PUBLIC
BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995
no persons are required to respond to a collection of information
unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This
survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Keywords: National University, San Diego , Teaching Learning Strategist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!