Senior Scientist, Assay Development (Tech Dev)
Company: GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Senior Scientist, Assay Development (Tech Dev) Heroes work here!
Do you want to join a company where you can be a hero too? We
deliver innovative, diagnostic solutions that improve the lives of
patients and their families and are proud to be one of the heroic
diagnostic companies that is in this fight against COVID-19. As a
member of GenMark's team, you'll get to be part of an organization
where we embody our cultural beliefs in everything we do. The
following is a glimpse of what our culture looks like and If you'd
like to join us, we encourage you to apply as our company is
- Go Big - We never settle and challenge what's possible
- Win Together - We are one team with a shared purpose
- Own It - We step up, drive it, and deliver it
- Be Bold - We empower ourselves and others WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE
AT GENMARK The Sr. Scientist, Assay Development (Tech Dev) will be
responsible for planning, executing, and analyzing scientific
experiments in the development and integration of new molecular
diagnostic assays on GenMark's ePlex platform. This individual is
required to have experience with assay and/or reagent kit
development. The ability to employ creativity, foresight, and
mature judgment in conducting projects and troubleshooting is
required. In addition, mastery in data analysis, research design,
and evaluation of new techniques and procedures is necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates, directs and executes scientific research and/or
development strategies through a combination of research and
- Anticipates potential problems and designs preventative
- Determines strategic approach to experimental design.
- Creates and develops new methods to achieve technical
- Integrates results with project and division objectives.
- Maintains high level of expertise through scientific
literature, competitor products, and seminars.
- Communicates significance of recent developments to peer
- Effectively uses peer network to expand technical
- May supervise junior associates in daily experiments &
- May contribute toward or produce invention disclosures, patents
and publication. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ph.D. or Masters in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular
Biology, Analytical Chemistry or a related field.
- Exceptional individuals with a Bachelor's degree and extensive
experience will be considered.
- Based on level of education; BS ten (10+) years or more
experience; MS five (5+) years of experience and PhD three (3+) or
more years of experience as a scientist in the medical diagnostic
- Experience with the development of molecular diagnostics and/or
reagent kits from product concept through launch
- Experience with multiple nucleic acid extraction chemistries;
implementation of chemistry onto an existing platform
- Experience working with several human specimen types, including
but not limited to: blood, nasal swabs, stool, urine, cervical
swabs, joint fluids, tissues
- Exhibits creativity, foresight and mature judgment in
- Demonstrates mastery in data analysis (including various
statistical analyses and DOE), research design, and evaluation of
new techniques & procedures for products, systems or
- Must be able to think and work both tactically and
strategically to provide financial and operational needs to
- Effective analytical problem solving and decision-making
skills. ABOUT GENMARK GenMark's ePlex true sample-to-answer system
symbolizes the evolution of eSensor technology combined with
digital microfluidics. ePlex offers unique solutions to address the
most significant challenges facing clinical laboratories, while
supporting hospital systems to deliver patient-centered,
value-based care. ePlex streamlines the diagnostic workflow from
physician order entry to the final test report and is the only true
sample-to-answer solution designed to improve patient care, reduce
costs, and increase lab efficiency. GenMark is headquartered in
Carlsbad, California and maintains its European Operation in Zug,
Keywords: GenMark Diagnostics, Inc., San Diego , Senior Scientist, Assay Development (Tech Dev), Other , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!