Principal Controls Systems Engineer
Company: Medtronic GmbH
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group of Medtronic strives
toenable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster
complication-free recovery,and enhanced patient outcomes through
less invasive surgical solutions Impact patient outcomes.--Come for
a job, stay for a career. RESPIRATORY INTERVENTIONS (RI), a
divisionof MITG, offers a portfolio of innovative solutionsthat
spans the continuum of care. We focus on expanding global access to
ourtherapies that improve clinical outcomes for patients with
respiratorycompromise. A Day in the Life TheSenior Control Engineer
will be a member of the R&D engineering teamworking in the
development and support of respiratory and patient
monitoringproducts. Senior Control SystemsEngineers are expected to
work with other members of the engineering staff toprovide
technical systems level expertise and solutions to
engineeringproblems. The Senior Control Systems Engineer will also
participate in thecreation of test plans, design verification
requirements, and other projectdocumentation.
- Workswith teams to develop systems architectures for life
- Usesmodeling, hardware-in-the-loop simulation and actual
devices to develop, debugand evaluate system behavior.
- Designs,develops and revises algorithms to implement, refine,
and enhance productfeatures.
- Workswith other technical disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical,
Software andClinical) to develop, implement, and verify system
solutions for a life supportventilator.
- Performssystem-level or component-level analysis.
- Adheresto defined development procedures.
- Definesand develops Use Cases for products based on the
environment of clinical use.
- Providesclinical relevance for parameters identified.
- Developsspecifications for ventilation breath delivery
parameters in different modes ofoperation.
- Evaluatesperformance of products based on industry practices
- Responsiblefor evaluation of product performance and system
verification and workproducts.
- Designand development of test systems required for
- Developand execute test protocols for system verification.
- Implementssystem verification in accordance with defined
- Providesfeedback to improve system verification and document
- Functionswell in a team environment.
- Generateshigh-quality work products.
DEPARTMENTSPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Participatesin other
activities, such as performing hazard and risk analysis, reviews
ofdesigns and tests, etc. Supportshardware, software and systems
level verification and validation testing. Mayprovide hardware and
firmware support on existing sustaining products. Maywork on
process improvement activities. Otherduties as assigned with or
without accommodation. PHYSICALREQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section
of this jobdescription are representative of those that must be met
by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employeeis regularly
required to be independently mobile. The employee is also
requiredto interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and
co-workers. Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree
with a minimum of 5 years relevant experienceNice to Have
- Familiar with control systems design
- Familiar with classical and modern controlsystems designtheory,
digital signal processing
- BS in Engineering (Biomedical, Controls,Mechanical, or
Electrical) + 7 years or equivalent (Advanced degree
- 10+ years engineering experience inindustry (i.e. medical,
aeronautics, nuclear, defense, etc.).
- Proficient with MATLAB and Simulinkmodeling/simulation
- Fluent in C/C++ programming language
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with systems engineeringprocesses, in particular top
down design using system requirements.
- Experience or significant interest inmedical systems or the
interaction between devices and the human physiology.
- Able to work in a cross functional teamenvironment.
- Knowledge of automated test systems.
- Medical instrument developmentexperience is a plus.
- Experience with a documented productdevelopment process or
familiarity with FDA and ISO standards is a plus.
- Familiar with risk management techniques(i.e. Risk Analysis,
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault TreeAnalysis
(FTA), etc.) is a plus.
- Familiarity with FDA Quality SystemsRegulations (QSR) is a
- Knowledge of automated test systems is aplus. Other Skills:
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push
the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to
help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge
ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It
is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful
innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our
team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and
improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section
of this job description are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The
employee is also required to interact with a computer, and
communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or
local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical
requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States
of America) Additional Information
- Travel: No Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. This employer participates
in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and
employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further
information about the E-Verify program, please click here .
Keywords: Medtronic GmbH, San Diego , Principal Controls Systems Engineer, Other , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!