Research Assistant - Microbiology
Company: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Yoh has an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated Research
Assistant-with expertise in microbiology &-mammalian-cell
culture-to join our Client's team in San Diego, CA. This
well-funded, highly-buzz-about Biotech Startup is focused on
developing targeted gene therapies for aging and age-related
diseases.-This individual-will directly support efforts to drive
forward our Client's future commercial offerings working with other
RA's and scientists.
See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If
after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or
other opportunities in Biotech,-please apply with your updated
Title:-Research Assistant, Microbiology
Location:-San Diego, CA
Type: Full time, direct hire
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing standard cloning techniques (restriction enzyme,
- Performing basic and advanced cell culture on a variety of cell
- Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a
small team in support of research studies
- Helping with AAV and Lenti -virus production
- Learning assay development techniques and procedures.
- Performing related laboratory maintenance, such as ordering
supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all
experiments and laboratory practices.
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records to provide
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clear
communication with supervisor
- B.S or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical
engineering or related field required.
- At least one year of cell culture experience (splitting cells,
transfection, etc) after undergrad
- Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with basic cloning techniques (restriction enzyme,
gibson, golden gate, or gateway) or related experience.
- Experience in flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR, and
- Experience with in vitro analytical techniques to assess the
cell viability of tissue constructs.
- Experience working with AAV.
- Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish
- Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran. Visit
https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if
you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation
in the application process.PandoLogic. Keywords: Microbiology
Research Assistant, Location: San Diego, CA - 92108
Keywords: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, San Diego , Research Assistant - Microbiology, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!