Contract Research Assistant (2nd Shift), Plant Biology, San Diego, CA
Company: Kelly Services
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Contract Research Assistant (2nd Shift), Plant Biology, San
Diego, CASchedule: Monday-Friday, 1-9pmPay Rate: $16-18/hr.Our
client--has an immediate opening for a temporary contract Research
Assistant position using gene editing technology to produce
sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human
health by safely harnessing--genetic diversity.--
- The position requires a B.Sc. degree in biology, microbiology,
or a related field with 0+ years of experience or an AA/HS diploma
with 2+ years of experience.
- The position will help to develop new traits to control plant
diseases in agriculturally important crops.
- The successful applicant will be expected to assist with all
aspects of plant screening assays such as soil and media
preparation, plant growth and maintenance and transient gene
- This position will work as part of a team and be expected to
run all aspects of the screening assays in plants.
- The position is contracted for an initial 180 days and then may
be extended dependent on business needs.
- The position is for shift work in the early afternoon to
- This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented
individual to learn and grown in a matrixed environment focused on
cutting edge gene editing technology.Requirements:
- Practical experience with a range of biology or microbiology
- Prior experience working with plants and/or transient gene
expression is beneficial.
- Strong problem-solving skills and capabilities to identify
process gaps and help improve process efficiency.
- Excellent sample and data tracking skills, attention to detail,
and the ability to record experimental procedures in a clear,
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office suite.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor through meetings and
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in
a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in early afternoon to evening shift with
possible weekend hours is desired.For Immediate Consideration,
Apply Today! Questions? Email Alex at Aleo431@KellyServices.com for
More Info.Why Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection
to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire
talented people just like you. Every day, we match science
professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, San Diego , Contract Research Assistant (2nd Shift), Plant Biology, San Diego, CA, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!