System Test Engineer - RF
Company: Viasat, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're
on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the
world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite
internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the
digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe.
By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one
another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical
research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions
of customers worldwide. We're looking for passionate, innovative
professionals to join our team and connect the world to more.
You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that
values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides
industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career
growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and
uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly
global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our
mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today. Job
Responsibilities The position is ideal for someone who is hands-on,
but can lead a multi-faceted project from concept phase through to
completion.The successful candidate must enjoy working in a dynamic
environment, be a problem-solver, have excellent communication
skills, and be able to take initiative and drive to results.The
candidate must be able to successfully envision complex test
solutions and break it down into specific actionable tasks
involving HW and SW design. Requirements
- BSEE/CE (or equivalent) and 4+ years of applicable hardware
test development experience
- Test solution development involving JTAG, boundary scan, FGPA
programming, digital/analog functionality and RF parametric
- Measurement and performance analysis of RF and digital/analog
- Strong understanding of wireless communications systems theory
- Hands-on experience using test equipment (Spectrum Analyzers,
Network Analyzers, and Logic Analyzers)
- Demonstrated ability to implement and simulate algorithms and
test sequences in MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, or Python.
- Proficiency in MS Office for data analysis, yield tracking, and
- Travel up to 10% Preferences
- Experience with LabVIEW, Visual C++ and Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge of computer configuration for various
interfaces and networks: Ethernet, USB, Serial Port, GPIB, PCIE,
- Development of test plans and procedures with attention to
- Experience in production test fixture design (hardware and/or
- Knowledge of industry standard PWA manufacturing and product
- Able to lead project from requirements gathering to
implementation to deployment.
- Highly organized, able to leverage personnel and information
resources to close out actions. To learn more about this site and
other office locations, please click-- here ! Viasat is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and
diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or
veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or
characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on
the basis of disability for completing this on-line application,
please click here .
Keywords: Viasat, Inc., San Diego , System Test Engineer - RF, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!