Company: Venture Dynamics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Description Steel Welder Journeyman accomplish production
welding aboard ship vessels and Fabrication Shop. Principal
- Use different process to achieve required weld to
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface,
fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable
- Components to weld include parts, decks plates, bulkheads, and
foundations using Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc
Welding (GMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW).
- Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, charts or work
- May inspect completed work for conformance to
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Participates in special projects as required.
- OSHA 10-Hour Maritime card required (Venture Dynamics will
provide OSHA Training to qualifying candidates)
- Qualified for Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux Core Arc
Welding (FCAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW).Experience Minimum of
Four (4) years of experience at Structural Welder Journeyman level.
- Be able to set up Welding Machines according to Process,
Material, and Thickness of the metal.
- Must be able to understand, read, and interpret welding symbols
based on the requirements of Military Standard 22-D.Abilities
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand English.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and other
- Pass a Welding Practical Test on SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW-P (5XXX
Aluminum) by way of X-Ray NDT within no more than two attempts.
Welding test will consist of full penetration butt weld test plates
in three positions each: Overhead (4G), Vertical (3G), and
Horizontal position (2G), full penetration welds 2G and 3G with
ceramic backing, and 4G with permanent backing.
- Must have own tools for the craft.
- Must be a US Person (United States Citizen or Alien Admitted
for permanent residence in the United States).
- Must possess or be eligible to get a DBID (Defense Biometric
- Have flexible schedule, be able to work any shift (1 st , 2 nd
, or 3 rd ) and do overtime if required.Physical/Medical
- Be able to successfully pass a Drug and Alcohol screening
(Subjected to random Drug Screen Tests).
- Must be Physically and Medically qualified to wear required PPE
(Personal Protective Equipment) for the job.
- Bust be able to lift 50+ pounds, bend, stretch, stand for
extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, work at
elevated heights and small spaces.Drug-Free Work Place Venture
Dynamics is a Drug-Free Workplace.
- NEW HIRES: All new hires are required to perform pre-employment
drug testing. Those testing positive for drugs or alcohol will have
their employment offer immediately rescinded no matter how
- REASONABLE SUSPICION: If the employee displays of any
performance, behavioral or physical indicator of Drug-use he/she
will be required to perform a Drug and Alcohol screen test.
- POST ACCIDENT/INCIDENT/INJURY: Whenever justified by serious
injury, damaged/loss of property, or life the employee is required
to fill a report and complete a Drug and Alcohol screen test.
- RANDOM: Employees are subjected to Random drug testing to keep
our company a Drug-Free Workplace.
Keywords: Venture Dynamics, San Diego , Welder, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!