User Experience Designer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 10, 2021
A Software Designer position in San Diego CA is available
courtesy of Modis Engineering
As a Software Designer, you'll delight users with designs that
inspire, engage, and excite them. You'll rely on user-centered
design principles to produce high-quality visuals-from concept to
execution-across many platforms.
As our ideal candidate, you will engage with an experienced
cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for
innovative software products. Day to day tasks will include leading
new visual design explorations and creating mockups, design
systems, or clickable prototypes. You must be responsive, flexible,
and able to succeed within an open, collaborative environment.
You should have an inspiring portfolio that reveals your thought
process and an ability to rapidly generate creative ideas, with
samples of original graphic or visual design work. Candidates with
mobile design experience are highly preferred.
$60.09 - $68.07 per hour DOQ.
- Collaborate with interaction and visual designers to create new
software and product experiences.
- Distill complex concepts and then quickly turn around rigorous
flows and mockups reflecting a range of simple, elegant, and
- Create design mockups at high quality with fast turnaround, and
ability to iterate quickly to visualize and evolve visual design
- Work closely with the software team to support prototyping
activities with visual design mockups/assets, to capture and
resolve bugs, including resolution of design inconsistencies,
incorrect or missing graphic resources, etc.
- Inspire and collaborate within the multidisciplinary team
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and
multi-task in an agile environment. Be prepared quickly to grow
into increased responsibility and autonomy as you demonstrate
skills and reliability.
- Create detailed documentation and specifications of user
experience concepts and visual design specifications
- Bachelor's degree in User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or
- Minimum 8 to 10 years working as Software UI Visual
- Excellent visual standards and obsessive attention to detail.
Sense of color, scale, harmony, balance, and use of negative
- Deep experience with user-centered design principles,
methodologies, and user research.
- Skills in motion graphics, illustration, print production,
presentations, concept creation and data visualization.
- Strong skills in creative design tools (Figma, Miro, Sketch,
Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin).
- Ability to prototype using Figma, Adobe XD, Principle,
InVision, Proto.io, or equivalent.
- In-depth understanding of mobile / desktop design standards and
patterns (e.g. native components, best practices, etc)
- In-depth understanding of Design Systems and contribute to
their further development and maintenance.
If you are interested in this Software Designer position in San
Diego CA, please click APPLY NOW or send your resume to (Word
format is preferred.) If you have questions about the position,
please contact Ben Priest at or . For other available opportunities
at Modis Engineering please visit .Equal Opportunity Employer
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains
how we will use your information, please visit
Keywords: Modis, San Diego , User Experience Designer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!