Software Engineer (.NET/C#), Services - San Diego
Company: Rockstar Games
Posted on: June 10, 2021
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working
on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to
be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a
dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and
collaborate with some of the most talented people in the
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a talented .NET/C#
Developer who considers software development to be a craft and
possesses a passion for tackling complex problems at scale. This is
a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in
Carlsbad. Whether it's the beach or mountains, San Diego is
considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking,
cloud saves, leaderboards, player inventory, player stats, bounties
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions
to support the development of the Social Club community and
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including
- Develop high volume, highly scalable server-side features
utilizing Windows Server, SQL server, IIS, .NET, and C#.
- Develop web services supporting game console clients, browser
clients, and external server clients.
- Develop highly reliable distributed server systems.
- Web performance optimization.
- Collaboration with other Rockstar technology teams across our
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing scalable distributed
- Expert in C# and/or C++.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including excellent understanding of OO
design patterns and concepts.
- Experience with API design and development.
- Knowledge of web service scalability, performance, and security
- Database development experience (MSSQL).
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required
to apply for the position.
- Experience building online gaming systems, commerce systems,
social networking systems, search systems.
- One or more titles shipped on console or PC; preferably on the
Xbox and/or PlayStation consoles.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components
including DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and
client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox
Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how
you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with
your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to
explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we
are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees
based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform
If you've got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from
you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates
regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion, belief, or race.
Keywords: Rockstar Games, San Diego , Software Engineer (.NET/C#), Services - San Diego, Other , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!