Associate Trainer (Full Time)
Company: SeaWorld San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 11, 2021
we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already
rescued over 37,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you
from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy,
excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals
in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on
our incredible team!
As an Associate Trainer you will:
Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive
attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout
all aspects of the job. Provide for proper nutrition, appropriate
and sanitary living conditions, and constant care for our park
animals. These positions safely fulfill duties in animal/guest
interactions, animal training, husbandry, enrichment, general
public presentations, and research.
What you get to do:
What it takes to succeed:
- Perform daily husbandry tasks including administration of
vitamins and medications as directed, food preparation, maintaining
a safe and sanitary working area for all animal habitats as
directed by area leadership.
- Responsible for guest, personal, and animal safety by
developing and awareness of the behavioral precursors of
potentially harmful behavior by both animals and people.
- Make daily observations of animals and report any abnormalities
to staff supervisor and team.
- Maintain all animal records, equipment, area responsibilities,
and communication requirements on a daily basis.
- Provide and maintain a work environment that follows the
established guidelines and safety procedures set by the department
- Function as an ambassador by displaying consideration,
tolerance, cooperation, open communication, and reliability.
Maintain a consistent attitude, motivation, and ability to accept
- Perform all supportive roles as directed in education and
general public shows to develop speaking skills and stage
- Provide proactive guest service through guest interactions, pre
and post show interactions, and responding to guest inquiries.
- Assist guests and trainers in preparation of and educational
aspects during interaction programs. Maintain openness to act as
secondary animal person and safety spotter when needed. Act as
primary trainer when approved and as directed by leadership.
- Work with animals on basic behavior techniques and behavioral
modification techniques with limited animals and under
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
The perks of the position:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College background in
psychology, zoology or biology is a plus.
- Open Water SCUBA certified.
- Able to pass both SeaWorld pre-employment and post-employment
swim test and diving physical.
- A working knowledge of the English language with excellent
verbal and written communication skills. Basic math skills
- Able to frequently lift, pull, push 50 pounds.
- Able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in
extreme weather conditions.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays,
weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays.
- Ability to receive CPR certification.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not
limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and
reporting of unsafe situations.
- Willing to comply with, and ensure ambassadors comply with, all
SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Able to successfully complete all legal, company, and
department training requirements to include but not limited to
passing required tests and certifications within established
- Sea Lion experience
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced
environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your
abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry
leader, we’re looking for you!
Keywords: SeaWorld San Diego, San Diego , Associate Trainer (Full Time), Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!