Project Manager (Science and Technology)
Company: Integrated Design Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Harley Ellis Devereaux is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
New Applicant Ready to Apply Now: Click the "Apply Now" button
at the bottom of the job description to begin the resume upload
Note to 3rd Party Agencies: Only direct applicants will be
accepted, unless a placement agreement is in place. If no placement
agreement is in place at time of candidate submission, no fee will
be due and no fee will be paid.
Project Manager (Science and Technology)
Job Code:2021-PROJ-CA S-001 Location:San Diego, California
Department:1120 Project Management FT/PT Status:Full-time PRIMARY
Responsible for leading and directing project teams in all
aspects of our professional services while maintaining liaison
between the project team, the client, consultants, contractors and
all authorities having jurisdiction over the project. Oversee and
manage all activities of the project including client and contract
requirements, project planning and schedule, staffing needs and
hour requirements to achieve the quality and profit goal
expectations of the Company.
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge with the professional services
proposal process and in negotiating the Owner/Architect
- Lead and direct all phases of a project including programming,
schematic design, design development, construction document and
construction administration services in accordance with the
requirements of the Owner/Architect Contract Agreement.
- Lead and direct all activities of the project including the
- Prepare and implement the standard project planning and
monitoring process for all projects.
- Lead team activities to meet the client and project scope
requirements as established in the Owner/Architect Agreement.
Identify and secure, prior to doing the work, additional service
fees for activities outside the Owner/Architect Agreement and any
previously approved work requiring changes.
- Manage all activities relating to the project and interface
with the project team, clients, contractors, consultants and all
authorities having jurisdiction.
- Manage overall project schedule and develop, coordinate and
manage short-term schedules and tasks with project team.
- Establish and monitor discipline hour budgets and staffing
needs with the assistance from the discipline leaders to meet the
profit goals established.
- Secure all owner required data for specification development,
bidding requirements, contract forms, conditions of contract and
Division 1 general requirements.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage all required design and
technical reviews through all phases of the project to meet the
established Company policies and procedures for quality.
- Manage the bidding and construction administration phase in
accordance with the requirements of the Owner/Architect
- Participate in marketing efforts including client maintenance,
proposals and interviews as directed by the Project Management
- Assist the Principal-in-Charge in the post-construction
evaluation process when requested.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- Professional Licensure.
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Experience in science and technology projects in the State of
- Minimum ten years' professional experience with extensive
knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing
through project close-out, budget management, contract management
and design and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and
related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork, excellent
writing and speaking skills, and strong organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline
- Very detail oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and
- Possess strong business acumen.
- A senior level position, highly visible to clients and
employees that requires maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the
ability to lead, influence and persuade.
- Ability to interact well in various business and social
settings with all types of people in a mature and professional
- Computer literate.
- Experience with Deltek software.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending
client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for
observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use office equipment for communication and
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Keywords: Integrated Design Group, San Diego , Project Manager (Science and Technology), Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!