Quality Control Chemist
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Quality Control Chemist
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a
Quality Control Chemist to join a growing, technology-focused and
service-oriented team. If you are passionate about sourcing and
securing highly qualified talent at all levels of the organization,
thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment, and want to be a
part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality
dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San
Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that
provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes.
Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has
evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization
focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys,
zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to
invest in innovative research and development, continually
improving on our current products and developing new solutions for
the dental industry. Argen provides our global customers with
affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading customer
service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The Quality Control Chemist, verifies incoming quality control
tests from manufacturing of Argen dental products to ensure
conformance as defined in ISO and FDA regulated standards, customer
specifications and Argen requirements.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Operates analytical instruments, related data acquisition and
processing systems and methodologies, including XRF, DTA,
Microscope, UV/Vis spectrometer, SEM, Particle Analyzer,
Dilatometer, pH meter, Instron etc.
- Calibrates, validates, and maintains laboratory equipment.
Identifies and troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Trains other analysts/technicians to perform laboratory
procedures and assays.
- Provides in-process/final inspection and testing as
- Provides inspection of outside processing (receiving
- Maintains proper inspection and test records.
- Assures that non-conforming material has been properly
- Advises the responsible production personnel of acceptability
of products or materials based on results of testing and/or
- Provides solutions to technical problems and assist on special
- Maintains lot traceability, log sheets, and good housekeeping
practices at all times.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and
regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be a qualified candidate?
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related field, with training
on instrumental methodologies.
- Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plus.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR
SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3
- Knowledge of medical products and services a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; displays a professional
- Proficient with computer applications, particularly with MS
- Performs duties with the highest regard for safety and
- Understands and follow site protocols, policies and
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the
ability to act independently.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with
proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means
exciting opportunities for training and learning, career
development and advancement from only the best in the dental
industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring
the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit
package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
- Employee Events
- Wellness Programs
- Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that
includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel,
Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Argen, San Diego , Quality Control Chemist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!