Scrum Master and Software Engineer
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're
on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the
world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite
internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the
digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe.
By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one
another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical
research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions
of customers worldwide.
We're looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join
our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a
collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse
perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading
benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team
is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest
to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider.
Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career
opportunities at Viasat today.
We are looking for a software development engineer to help lead
a product team developing our next-generation of mobility
terminals. In addition to performing software development tasks,
you will help us to effectively reach goals in a high-visibility,
fast-paced environment, aligning to the product mission.
- Organize and facilitate Scrum ceremonies and backlog
- Champion Agile software development best practices, acting as a
coach to the product team
- Support the Product Owner in grooming and maintaining the
- Facilitate the process by which we create and manage the
following: Epics, Story Boards, Use Cases, Story Point estimation,
- Track and communicate team status and progress via burnup and
burndown charts, as well as other information to the team,
management, and stakeholders ensuring it accurately reflects
- Manage dependencies between the product team and others,
collaborating within the product team especially with regard to
items necessary for product release
- Demonstrate sense of urgency and responsiveness to complete
work and solve problems, with a strong drive to persevere when
faced with ambiguity
- Proactively remove or escalate roadblocks to allow team
- Maintain relevant metrics to help the team monitor their
- Encourage continual improvement in Agile and Dev Ops practices
to improve code quality and delivery
- Coordinate timely response and support to production line
customer issues, when escalated
- Lead and participate in project release estimation process
- You understand different people have different needs to be
productive and strive to develop innovative solutions.
- You identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with
other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely.
- You're knowledgeable.
- You identify problems, propose solutions and drive
- You leverage your agile and scrum expertise to drive innovative
solutions within the team.
- Challenge excites you.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of software development experience in a professional
environment using Agile methodologies
- Hands-on Scrum Master experience (ie Backlog management,
iteration planning, performance measuring)
- Experience with Agile software and collaboration tools (Jira,
Slack, Git, Wiki etc)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, time management and
- Strong programming background, preferably C/C++
- Experience with unit test frameworks (e.g. Google Test)
- Good understanding of network protocols and administration on
the Linux platform (e.g. socket programming, TCP/UDP, VLAN,
routing, ARP, DNS, firewalls, Linux tc)
- Support the production of SW documentation as needed
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and collaboration
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity,
and task definition
- Able to resolve conflicts, facilitate discussions, propose
viable alternatives, and consider different approaches
- Take proactive action when one notices differences and issues
as they arise and elevate them to management
- Have a passion for creating an environment for a successful
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please
Additional Requirements and information
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
Keywords: ViaSat, San Diego , Scrum Master and Software Engineer, Other , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!